fridge problem - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-04-2003, 08:30 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
fridge problem

my fridge worked fine a year ago and now it doesn't work at all. Any ideas or suggestions of where to start looking for the problem?:
:o we want our food to look like this guy-- very cold!!!!!

Old 07-04-2003, 08:34 AM   #2

Hi
Delynne
Welcome to this forum.Post lots and have fun.One of the members will have some ideas for you.:wave

Old 07-04-2003, 08:35 AM   #3

Can you give a little background?

What kind of fridge do you have? Does it normally run on propane and/or 110? DC, too?

What have you tried that has failed?

Don't laugh, but some of us have been known to try lighting ours when it wasn't set to GAS. I doubt that's your problem, but there are so many variables, I'm sure someone can help you troubleshoot it, if you can provide a little more background info.

Thanks! :cblob
Old 07-04-2003, 08:52 AM   #4

dang fridge

Make of fridge- Tedco
model- 202TW
gas and electric - DC/AC

other than playing with the different settings and the gas and electric hook ups- that is all I have tried- My family is afraid I will get playing around and blow myself up -- I say "pish posh" but I'm not sure what to try next--
Old 07-04-2003, 11:09 AM   #5

link might shead a little light

http://www.peterboroughrv.com/Fridge_Info.htm

you have checked the obvious pluged in to working outlet, fuses, selector switches, gas in bottle, both gas valves turned on, pilot lit heating element warm to the touch, ice box is level .
Old 07-05-2003, 12:30 AM   #6

Quote:
Orginally posted by Delynne P

* * * * * * my fridge worked fine a year ago and now it doesn't work at all. *Any ideas or suggestions of where to start looking for the problem?:
:o we want our food to look like this guy-- very cold!!!!!
Howdy, Curious if you have been using the trailer and then found that the fridge didn`t work?? Ours stopped working last year when I tried it in the yard and a friend said to take it for a ride and then try it part way through the drive and Kazam, it worked fine. Probably the sam effect as taking it out and turning it over... or tapping on the coils. Try a bumpy road first...May work...Benny
Old 07-05-2003, 07:49 AM   #7

Quote:
Orginally posted by Delynne P

* * * * * * Make of fridge- Tedco
model- 202TW
gas and electric - DC/AC

other than playing with the different settings and the gas and electric hook ups- that is all I have tried- *My family is afraid I will get playing around and blow myself up -- I say "pish posh" but I'm not sure what to try next--
So, you've tried lighting it on propane and it won't light? Or it lights but doesn't cool down?

Is there any kind of ''ammonia smell'' inside the trailer?

:chin
Old 07-05-2003, 08:26 AM   #8

Quote:
Orginally posted by Al V

* * * * * * http://www.peterboroughrv.com/Fridge_Info.htm

you have checked the obvious *pluged in to *working outlet, *fuses, *selector switches, gas in bottle, both gas valves turned on, *pilot lit *heating element warm to the touch, ice box is level .
the obvious to you doesn not mean the same obvious to me. :lol thanks for the check list, and that site is really nice. so thanks for that too.
Old 07-05-2003, 09:04 AM   #9

Defrosting refer

I know this is not being discussed here but thought I would throw it out since our refer are not frost free. I very carefully use my hair dryer to blow warm air across the fins and inside the freeze when it needs to be defrosted. I don't just stand there and keep it going full time. I blow on it a little to get it started, prop the doors open and then go back a little later and blow on it again. Before I start the whole process I fold a heavy towel to put in the bottom of the refer to catch the water. Also if I do this away from home I try to do it when I don't have very much in it and what I do have goes into an ice chest until the refer is cold again. All this speeds up the job and keeps the mess to a minimum. Quick rinse with a little water with soda to keep it smelling good. :sunny
Old 07-05-2003, 11:07 AM   #10

fridge

:wave Well I don't get it but I got it-- the fridge is working-- tried everything again and poof the gas part was working--
well a little :red and I found a cord tucked way back under the sink- gosh do you think it could be the cord for the fridge. Yup!! and now the electrical part is working also.
Thank you for all your help!!!!:lol
Old 07-05-2003, 12:51 PM   #11

:banana :dance :party :feet :jump-r :mex
Old 07-05-2003, 03:34 PM   #12

Here is another link I found helpful.

http://www.rvmobile.com/

Rich
Old 07-05-2003, 03:57 PM   #13

yipee that be one beer fee

just kidding dont you love it when it turns out to be something simple. good camping
al

Tags
fridge