front and rear windows - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2016, 02:33 PM   #1

Name: jim & mary
Trailer: scamp 13 1999
Washington
Registry
front and rear windows

how hard are front and rear windows to replace on a 13 ft scamp. also will get new weatherstrips and windows.
jim ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 03:29 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim ellis View Post
how hard are front and rear windows to replace on a 13 ft scamp. also will get new weatherstrips and windows.

The front window is often pretty difficult to replace. I'm not sure when Scamp changed to a window that open for the rear window, but it opens it's pretty easy to replace.

Now the why do you need to replace them??
Old 08-10-2016, 08:50 AM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
There was a period of time in which the standard back window was fixed plexiglass, but the shell had the recessed flat spot for an optional slider. If I were in that situation, I'd seriously consider making the switch to a slider. As far as I know, the one Scamp uses now fits all years with the flat recess.

The front fixed plexiglass is tricky. You'll want to replace both the window (cut your own using the old as a template) and the gasket. There are a number of old threads with links to gasket suppliers and how-to guidance. A Google site search on "replace front window" should turn up some good information. Or just take it to an auto glass shop and let them install it.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 09:15 AM   #4

Name: Eric
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
Put an new front window for my 72 Boler last Sunday. It is easier than I expected. Good instruction here
HawkBoler72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 09:43 AM   #5

Name: jim & mary
Trailer: scamp 13 1999
Washington
Registry
front and rear windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Kinnaman View Post
The front window is often pretty difficult to replace. I'm not sure when Scamp changed to a window that open for the rear window, but it opens it's pretty easy to replace.

Now the why do you need to replace them??
I need to replace them because they are both scratched up pretty bad and the front one leaks. also when towing the trailer with one of my street rods I tie the curtains open and look through the trailer when passing
jim ellis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
windows