front window on scampI - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-30-2014, 08:45 AM   #1

Name: Lee
Trailer: Scamp
Georgia
Registry
front window on scampI

I have the gasket and window in but there is a gap on one side. How can I move it to center it.Could it be that is it only in the 50's out side. Thanks for all your help on here. Lee
Lee Mansfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 08:51 AM   #2

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Is it thee original window. Do you have the right gaskets. More info and pictures would help.
Old 11-30-2014, 09:15 AM   #3

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Hi, Lee, I agree that some photos will go a long way towards giving people enough information to advise you.
FYI, your personal information under your name says you are 'Currently Shopping'. You can change your ID information to list your new trailer info now. Just go under User CP and you can upload the information and a photo avatar if you wish.
Congrats on the new purchase!
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 11:28 AM   #4

Georgia
Registry
Yes it is a new window and gaskets from Scamp. I can't find how to up load pictures. Guess I can use help with this too. I see the icon that reads insert image but it is different then what I am used to doing. Thanks Jo
Old 11-30-2014, 03:23 PM   #5

Georgia
Registry
I just added 3 pictures but I only got them to an album Just can't see how to put them in the part. Thanks Joanne
Old 11-30-2014, 03:32 PM   #6

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
i deleted my comment as it does not apply to your situation, realized that after viewing picture.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 04:23 PM   #7

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
It looks like you have not installed the locking strip. The lock strip is what tightens up the gasket. It really helps if you have a Leslie lock strip installing tool and some Dawn dish washing liquid.
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 04:30 PM   #8

Georgia
Registry
tight fit

It seems that the gasket is hard and there fore I can't work the window in. Ordered the tool and it will be here tomorrow and will try again with it and dish soap. Is this a common problem that when you get to the end it is hard to push in. Thanks Lee
Old 11-30-2014, 04:41 PM   #9

If you can't get the plexi into the gasket you can put cotton clothes line into the window slot. Then press your plexi against the gasket and pull out your clothesline. The clothesline lifts up your seal and you can push the plexi into the groove. A cotter pin removal tool also helps pull the gasket out over the plexi.
Eddie
Old 11-30-2014, 04:46 PM   #10

Georgia
Registry
thanks

Thanks again will try that too. MY wife is in a hurry for me to get the windows done so she can start to clean and decorate. At this rate it will be spring before we are done. Lee
Old 11-30-2014, 04:50 PM   #11

The cotter pin tool helps pull the gasket over the plexi of you cant get the rope trick to work. You might want to dull the tip point a bit.
Eddie
Sears.com
Old 11-30-2014, 04:53 PM   #12

Georgia
Registry
The window is in all but that right bottom corner and I think what I need to do is move it and may have to take the whole window out and start over . Thanks again Lee
Old 11-30-2014, 04:57 PM   #13

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Longest View Post
. It really helps if you have a Leslie lock strip installing tool and some Dawn dish washing liquid.
Eddie
Would that be the Lisle 47000 lock strip tool? Spell check get you Eddie? Good suggestion to dull the cotter pin tool or it may poke through the rubber. There are other hook type tools available for radiator hose removal, NAPA has a good one for this type work, I used it on my Uhaul window after grinding down the point.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 05:11 PM   #14

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Here are the photos of Lee's window
Attached Thumbnails
Lee 1.jpg   Lee 2.jpg  

Lee 3.jpg  
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 08:03 PM   #15

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
I replaced all the gaskets on my windows. I used dawn soapy water and a rubber mallot. I held one side of the rubber head and pressed the gaskets in place with the other side of the rubber head. By the last few windows it got easier and I didn't even need to soap the gaskets.
Old 11-30-2014, 08:30 PM   #16

Georgia
Registry
window

Thanks I will try that in the morning. I may take the other corner out and then try again. Lee

Tags
scamp