Front Window Stone Guard - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2003, 09:08 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Front Window Stone Guard

I have just purchased a new (to me) Trillium Jubilee Trailer. Very much looking forward to this whole experience. So far the only thing I can see wrong is that there is no cover or guard over the front window. Is this a problem that I should be concerned about and if so can someone tell me where to get one?
Also I read here that the Jubilee was only made in one year (1979) but my ownship says jubilee and the trailer looks like the picture of a jubilee.. but the ownership says 1982 so I'm confused about how old my trailer really is... any ideas?
Soon as I get it home (this weekend) I'll take some pics and try to post them.

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 09:14 PM   #2

Rock Guard/Rock Shield/Stone Guard

Wayne:

Unless you want to suffer a bad case of window blow-out, I would recommend a Rock Shield. If you can't get a replacement in Canada. Let me know.

- Ray

Old 04-08-2003, 09:15 PM   #3

I just did a search for Jubilee and found this person who has an 81 so the 1979 only year must not be right.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/read.php...445&page=1#3152

Old 04-08-2003, 09:24 PM   #4

Ray:

That was my feeling too so I will be looking for a stone guard. Thanks for the reply. If I can't find one locally I will let you know.

Jana:

I saw that post as well but it turned out to be an 18' 5500 which is an awsome unit.. Maybe mine will turn out to be something else too. Thanks for the reply.

I'm sooo looking forward to getting it home on the weekend so I can go over it thoroughly and start making warm weather plans

Old 04-08-2003, 09:32 PM   #5

So your not sure how big the one you got is? Oh, if it was a 5500. :wub that would be wow.

Old 04-08-2003, 09:40 PM   #6

The guy I bought if from says it is a Jubilee and the ownership says it is too.. I think it is about 15 or 16' but not sure yet. I may have a manual with it as well. It appears to be somewhat bigger than the standard Trilliums that I've seen. We have been looking for one for about 3 years. Needed the right time, deal, etc to come along and it finally did..
It dosn't have a bathroom or furnace or any luxury items. It does have a 2 burner stove and a 3 way fridge. Sleeps 3 with a small 2 person dinette at the front and a bigger one at the back. We liked the idea that we could leave the bed made up and still have a place to sit for a snack.

Old 04-09-2003, 06:49 AM   #7

Hi Wayne

Welcome to the wonderful world of Trilliums. We have 75 1300 green Trillium.

The Jubilee's are longer, 14 or 15 feet, and are more squared off than normal Trilliums giving more interior space. Because of their squared shape they often come with an aluminum screen door.

Can't wait to see some pictures.
Nancy

Old 04-09-2003, 07:19 AM   #8

YES! Nancy:

That is what our new trailer looks like.. more boxy and it does have an aluminum screen door.. Kool.. soooo I guess it is most likely what I think it is.. now I just have to determine the true year.. maybe on the trailer somewhere will be a date of manufacture?
The guy I bought it from said it looked like the old styrofoam containers that McDonalds use to use for their hamburgers and it is somewhat close to that.
I'm looking forward to posting pics.

Old 04-09-2003, 08:28 AM   #9

That's something I can't get use to. you Canadians,(I know don't group people) don't seem to care about the year of something. when I went to get my trailer, they had advertised it as a 78. when I got there they said oh no it's a 73 or 75. THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE. to us US-ers. on the inside of the closet was a manufacture page with year. 1975. should have cut the price, but I wanted it so bad. He had me and he knew it :yep

Old 04-10-2003, 03:18 PM   #10

You are right. The year is not any where near as important as the condition and the features. I was looking for a unit that the shell and frame were good. Not worried about cosmetics as that can be cleaned up etc. Was also looking for the abiltiy to have a bed that could stay made up and still have a place to sit when it was just the two of us. Sooo the one we found sleeps 3 and two people can sit at the front table. The shell and suspension etc seems excellent. AND the whole thing was affordable for us. IF it turns out to be a 79 or an 82 is irrelevant. I'm more curious than anything else.

Old 04-10-2003, 04:56 PM   #11

Hi All
Year don't mean nothing as long as its what your happy with it.:party

Old 04-10-2003, 10:00 PM   #12

front window stone guard

Hi Wayne,
If you go back to Janifer's post there is a picture of a Jubilee just about at the bottom of the forum. It is a 79 and owned by Floye Doull. Post some pictures of your when you get it home.

Old 04-11-2003, 04:27 AM   #13

Age of trailers

It seems to me that the year is more important for stick built trailers than for fiberglass. Stick builts have more rot areas to deal with as they get older.

Old 05-10-2003, 07:20 PM   #14

Scamp Rock Shield

I recently purchased a 1995 Scamp Deluxe and am trying to get it ready for its first outing. It does not have a rock shield on the front window. Where can I get one? How do you install a rock shield? I can't see any evidence that it ever had one. The plexiglass window isn't pitted or scratched. Do I really need one?:conf :huh
Is it possible to make one?

Old 05-10-2003, 10:38 PM   #15

bugger

The stone guard is really best utilized as a bug guard. My Scamp window is a lot less scratched because of less washing off of bug juice.

Old 05-11-2003, 12:45 PM   #16

Oh, good question, what are those stone guards made out of? Mine has some corrugated stuff that has holes in it. (holes are not factory) really not very pretty looking. would like to fix it up, but I don't think its like that corrugated fiberglass that goes on a carport/greenhouse, but haven't checked.

my stone guard has a sleeve thing on the trailer that the guard slips into. and when raised, it's arms have a locking button, that has long since worn out and is now replaced with carter pins, manually. the stuff I want replaced is framed out just like a window in aluminum.

I've seen a place that sells stone guards. ?? but I'll have to look for it.

Old 05-11-2003, 10:54 PM   #17

Stone guard

Howdy Jana, I went outside a couple of minutes ago and had a look at the front of my TT and have stone chips to within about 6 inches of the belly band. My truck has mudguards from GM that are fairly long. Depending on the tow vehicle you could probably have stones hitting higher and possibly in the window area depending also how some stones would deflect off the tongue or whatever. I have a stone guard on my TT and it`s factory. Look at most stick built trailers and they have stoneguards on the front windows. But actually what I came on here to to tell you was that on another thread there was mention that you could get flat sheet fiberglass at Home Depot about 1/8" thick. May be better to fabricate one from that if you can not get a factory one Just make sure that it is a fair distance from the window when installed and doesn`t touch the window when under wind load when towing.....good luck...Benny