furnace - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2008, 08:54 PM   #1

Trailer: 74 Boler
I have a (new to us) 1974 13' boler with a wagonmaster propane furnace model 5000-f. I followed the lighting instructions on it and it will not start up. Lots of propane, lines look good, anybody have any info on this model furnace, could not find it in any of your posted lists. Thanks.
Arlyn R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 09:56 PM   #2

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
a couple of things to try...

If it has been sitting for awhile with no propane running, turn the burner on your stove on for a little bit. This clears air out of the lines and sometimes gets the far away places up and running. I had a cat heater in my old trailer that wouldn't light no matter how I tried. Someone suggested this and it worked great.

Obviously, watch the burner flame to prevent accidents.

I also know that my furnace in my 17 is very touchy about line voltage. The peizo lighter will fire if it is sitting at 12v, but won't if it's 11.9.

One of my tomorrow projects is to see if I can install a dedicated battery on it.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 10:13 PM   #3

Trailer: 74 Boler
Thanks! We didn't realize there was an electrical component... we can do a little more work tonight!
Arlyn R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 10:24 PM   #4

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Typical RV furnace is stuffed with safety gadgets that are designed to fail the furnace in the OFF mode. I'd advise doing some research in the Helpful-Links for troubleshooting and finding a manual for YOUR furnace. Many differences between makes and models, as well as similarities in basic operation. Google is your friend...
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace