Furnace Problem - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-23-2009, 08:10 AM   #15
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I have a 2006 Liberty Deluxe Casita with the Furnace upgrade. The fan will come on when the thermostat engages, but the burners will not ignite. The eletric striker is working fine. Any ideas anyone?
I had the exact same problem. Turns out the air intake and exhaust were blocked. This was my own doing as I had covered them for winter storage to keep critters out and I forgot to take it off.

As soon as I took off the covering, it fired up first try. Perhaps something has set up a nest inside the intake/exhaust.

Todd Sleeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:03 PM   #16
Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Rather than state the kind of trailer the furnace is in, it would likely be more helpful to the furnace experts on the forum to state the make and model of the furnace because there are lots of different kinds out there.

Then the factory manual for THAT furnace can be researched.

Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:21 AM   #17
Trailer: 1971 Astro (ie. Campster/Hunter I)
Send a message via MSN to Harry Young Send a message via Yahoo to Harry Young

Pete is correct,

The model series of the appliance helps more...It is most likely an NT series Suburban...I sent the service manual to that entire series to the document center a few weeks back..Donna D. has put it there, it has the trouble shooting points the service guy uses with a detailed series of procedures to service this unit, its not the owners manual, you would need to order this one to get it and its there for free.

If there are questions after reading that or about those tests then post the issues, there are some spooks in the machine to talk about in the design but it will shorten the explanations to a short novel over the long one I can be known for. Within its info is a wonderful detailed step by step of operations in sequence of order.

The comments about freaky stuff that just happens the manual does dot cover is where it gets interesting for me, spiders in some areas, mud dubber wasps in others, this year I had Aficanized bees who thought it was a great hive, two spotted talking geckos who were ground up and a match box car.

Happy camping
Safe trails

Harry Young is offline   Reply With Quote