Fuse Blown - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2010, 05:56 PM   #1

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft 1978
Hi everyone, I purchased a 1978 Scamp camper, installed a new battery hooked everything up and no faucet pump, no interior lights. However, a marker light comes on and I know this shouldn't happen unless it's a dummy light. I'm thinking a fuse has blown....does anyone know the location of the fuse for dc. I don't have an inverter.

Any help or suggestions would be great.....thanks so much.
Jackie R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:57 PM   #2

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
try here
Joe MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:20 PM   #3

I appreciate the help, I found one fuse under the sink, but it hadn't blown and I can't for the life of me find a second fuse. I have no idea what the problem is.......this is frustrating! I have such an old trailer and scamp said all the older documents burnt in their fire.

Thanks again.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:19 AM   #4

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
The MARKER lights are on a separate circuit. They operate off the Tow Vehicle tail light circuit as the brake and turn signals do.

With the Converter OFF meaning U do not have the egg connected to AC:

Take a multimeter and check from the + terminal to the - terminal on the battery and should you get 12 volts as it should then check from the + terminal of the battery to the metal frame of the camper. If all is well you will read the 12 volts. If you DO NOT see the 12 volts then you do not have the - side of the battery grounded. On my Scamp, it uses the frame as a - ground.

If it checks OK then you have an open in the + wiring. Look for a fuse at the battery then look for a fuse elsewhere.

Look for a fuse at the converter.

The following are sites where you can purchase the necessary test equipment should you not have any.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Automotive-Short-Open-...=item3a5a9b06c2

http://www.harborfreight.com/general-merch...eter-90899.html

http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&q...ved=0CEMQrQQwAg

Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 03:07 PM   #5

Trailer: 1993 Bigfoot 17 ftCB / 2003 Honda Odyssey
As in the Bigfoot series of trailers, the Scamps have a 30 Amp fuse located under the front bunk/dinette seat , just near where the wires come in from the front through the body. I'm sure that it's there, but sometimes gets taped over by accident. They do sometimes corrode open.
Good luck.
Mike .....>
Quote:
I appreciate the help, I found one fuse under the sink, but it hadn't blown and I can't for the life of me find a second fuse. I have no idea what the problem is.......this is frustrating! I have such an old trailer and scamp said all the older documents burnt in their fire.

Thanks again.
Michael Pupeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 04:23 PM   #6

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
In addition to the fuse under the front bunk mine has a number of fuses at the converter but you have to open it up to see them.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 06:04 AM   #7

Older scamp

Believe it or not this camper has no converter.........I have everything working on the camper now and plan on replacing all the wiring and adding the converter in the fall......