Gas operation on Dometic - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2012, 09:25 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita
Registry
Gas operation on Dometic

When I got my 98 Casita it came with a Dometic RM2202 3 way fridge. It was missing the gas control parts. I was able to get a used fridge with all the parts. I got the parts I needed installed. I can get it lit but when I let go of the button the flame goes out. I tried cleaning the Thermocoupler but still won't stay lit. I would appreciate any help from anyone with some experience. I have another thermocoupler to try but does anyone have any other ideas?
Gene Masse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:43 PM   #2

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Gene when I light mine I need to hold the button in for a fairly long time before letting it go or it will go out.... seems it needs to warm up before it will stay on.

Also you may need to have your regulator checked out, as they get old they can loose psi which could be the problem.

Also if there are any tiny spiders or webs inside the pipes it will give you trouble.

Pretty sure you will mind a manual in the documents center here for it which should have some trouble shooting tips in it.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:49 PM   #3

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
I'll second and emphasize Carol's advice. You need to hold the button in until it will stay lit. How long does that take? Well, lets see - its the 21st Century now, and ...

Actually, it often takes anywhere from 30 seconds to well over a minute after the flame starts before it will STAY lit after releasing the button, and each unit will have its own "personality" and will act just a wee bit differently. After a few times, you will get to know yours and you will know if it needs 30 seconds, one minute, a minute and a half or whatever
BCDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:05 PM   #4

Trailer: Casita
Registry
Well I did hold it for quite a while but will try holding it for at least 2 minutes to make sure. I think the time I held it in was adequate but you never know.
Gene Masse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:13 PM   #5

Trailer: 1972 13 ft Boler American
Registry
Gene, I bought a used Dometic 3-way, everything worked fine when bench tested. During the installation, I unknowningly crimped the thermocoupler. The flame never would stay lit either... eventually discovered the crimp and bought a new Dometic thermocoupler, all was well.
LukeP is offline   Reply With Quote