Generator Mounted on Back of Scamp - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2015, 12:50 PM   #21

Name: Carol
Trailer: Scamp / 1949 Hudson
Florida
Jim raised the spare tire rack...and welded a frame to hold the generator (2000 watt yamaha). We also carry a battery..a 2 gallon gas can and the propane tank on the tongue...hauled over 11,000 miles with it towed by the '49 Hudson...so far no problem.
CandJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 03:35 PM   #22

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandJ View Post
Jim raised the spare tire rack...and welded a frame to hold the generator (2000 watt yamaha). We also carry a battery..a 2 gallon gas can and the propane tank on the tongue...hauled over 11,000 miles with it towed by the '49 Hudson...so far no problem.
If yours is a 16' Scamp it's more tolerant due to the added length. But on a 13', it's just not a good idea. But I can guess that you don't tow at 70 MPH either.... LOL

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 07:57 PM   #23

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Scamp
Northern California
655.5 loonies? With my sub par American education, I can't even figure out how many toonies that is? Basically 500 benjamins is one hell of a lot of maple bars at Tim Hortons is all i know. It is not like the Canucks don't have a whole whack of country specific lingo themselves eh?
HAPPYSCAMPER76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 08:12 PM   #24

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
That wasn't the point.
'$1' is fewer keystrokes and more to the point than 'one loonie'.
Had nothing to do with American lingo. Had to do with clarity.
I don't drink Tim's coffee and I don't watch hockey. Watching the Colts and Panthers, actually.
Don't drink Bud either.
Old 11-02-2015, 08:45 PM   #25

Northern California
I was just joking Glenn. Good choice on not drinking Bud. Why would you with all the good, tasty and hoppy malt beverages out there today, including many up north such as Alexander Keith's. However, I would much rather watch a puck fly across the ice than watch a game of foosball. One of the things I enjoyed the most while living up there in BC for about 4 years was the local hockey games with nearly the whole town sitting at the rink. People throwing live chickens and fish on the ice, what a hoot? Where are you at up there?
Old 11-02-2015, 08:58 PM   #26

North Vancouver.

Favourite graffiti was in a washroom near GM Place ( name at the time ). It said, "Go Canucks Go, and take the f#%&@#$ Grizzlies with you".

Grizzlies were a brief NBA team and like Canucks, a bunch of jerks if you dealt with them in person.
Old 11-02-2015, 09:10 PM   #27

Northern California
That is great tag. I love it. I lived in North Vancouver for a winter, sort of off Capilano over near Murdo Frazer and Edgemont. One summer I worked as a park ranger over on the Sunshine coast as well, but mostly I was in the Koots.
Old 11-02-2015, 09:30 PM   #28

Pemberton Heights. Under the Capilano Cloud.
I want to go somewhere warm and dry. Have to save up for travel medical insurance.
Old 11-02-2015, 09:52 PM   #29

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandJ View Post

Hey Guys. I hope to see the Hudson again at next years GE&H. I remember your 13 foot Scamp.
Generators have their place. I don't use mine much but I always carry it on our long journeys. In the truck.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
charlsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 01:56 PM   #30

Name: Charles
Trailer: Scamp 16
Ohio
Generator mount

I mounted mine on the tongue aas I have a trunk on the back and when I'm traveling sometimes I stop for a nap so the rear mount wouldn't work for me because of noise and vibration. With the front bath as a noise damper and the distance from the tongue to the rear bed, I can't tell i'ts there. The exhaust faces forward so co is not a problem. My detector has never gone off.
Attached Thumbnails
0721151314.jpg   0721151315a.jpg  

0721151316.jpg   0809151913a.jpg  

cmartin748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 02:00 PM   #31

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmartin748 View Post
I mounted mine on the tongue aas I have a trunk on the back and when I'm traveling sometimes I stop for a nap so the rear mount wouldn't work for me because of noise and vibration. With the front bath as a noise damper and the distance from the tongue to the rear bed, I can't tell i'ts there. The exhaust faces forward so co is not a problem. My detector has never gone off.

Bet you've made a lot of your fellow camper pretty unhappy.
Old 11-04-2015, 05:30 PM   #32

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Generator Mounted on Back of Scamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmartin748 View Post
I mounted mine on the tongue aas I have a trunk on the back and when I'm traveling sometimes I stop for a nap...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Kinnaman View Post
Bet you've made a lot of your fellow camper pretty unhappy.
Not sure I see how running a generator in a rest area in the midst of idling diesels is annoying any campers.

In any case, I hesitate to paint all generator-toting campers with the same brush.

We camped next door to a family for a week back in June. They were using one of the extra-quiet Honda units, they ran it a couple of hours in the middle of the day to top off their batteries, and I honestly barely noticed it.

I have also experienced the other kind: the loud ones, the poorly-maintained, smelly ones, the ones that ran all day even when no one was in camp, the ones that ran during the night in defiance of rules and courtesy,…
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator, scamp