Generators - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-17-2005, 10:07 AM   #21

Trailer: Burro
Registry
Ti Tc what is the better have no idea what the difference is can some one out the Help?
Denis Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 10:46 AM   #22

Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft 1982
Send a message via Yahoo to Benita
The Campingmate TC does not have a digital inverter. That means its not optimal for an AC or higher end electronics. It probably won't run an AC.

The Sinmeaster TI model is electronically superior and pricier. It will run the higher end electronics with cleaner energy than the TC. So, you can have AC and the risk of damaging your laptop or photo printer or whatever is lowered.

What most were hoping was that the McCulloch version of the Kipor generator was the TI which would be a significant savings of about $300-$400 dollars over all the other digital inverter generators on the market.
Benita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 01:18 AM   #23

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
The Kipor specs are unclear, but a non-inverter based generator requires maintenance of certain rpm ranges to ensure proper output frequency (likely hence the digital moniker on the Tc model), whereas the inverter model is just taking a DC input and converting it to the proper frequency, likely hence the eco-throttle where the generator can run at much lower rpm for small loads but still put out the appropriate frequency.

I am SWAGing all the above, but likely the Ti will run more quietly and use less fuel than the Tc model because it will be running at lower rpm -- That's about all I can guess about this.

If all you want is a small, relatively quiet generator, keep an eye on places like Lowes Lumber where they occasionally have good deals on returned/refurbished Mitsubishis with someone else's colors and name on them (Troybuilt).
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 09:09 PM   #24

Trailer: 77 Trillium 13 ft
Any time Honda is an option, go with it. I have an old 650 watt Honda that I purchaed used about nine years ago. It had been well (ab)used by construction workers. I replaced the plug and air filter back then. It is so worn that you can smell the oil consumption from the exhaust. Bottom line, it never fails to start and has had no other maintanence since I bought it.
Lanny Milton is offline   Reply With Quote