Generators - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-15-2005, 12:34 AM   #1

Name: Ches
Trailer: 1992 Kustom Koach 17 FT
British Columbia
I know there have been lots of discussions on Generators.So lets keep this subject going also.
Honda
http://wisesales.com/
Kipor
http://www.auroragenerators.com/

These two seem to be popular.

Old 11-15-2005, 12:45 AM   #2

Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft
Iím looking at this one:
http://www.mayberrys.com/honda/generator/m...els/eu2000i.htm

Price is $899, FREE shipping and NO tax.

Have you seen a better deal?

Old 11-15-2005, 01:35 AM   #3

I found this McCulloch 2000 watt. This is the TC model. Does anyone know where the Inverter model can be found?

Club price $499.97

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?p=WX2&i=98404
Old 11-15-2005, 09:46 AM   #4

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
Michael, the TC models are Red. That picture is of the Ti.

You can try eBay. Thats where I got my 1k version.

eBay also has them all the time. When at the LA RV show a few weeks ago, Extreme Gadget had a booth that was swamped with lookers. Hondas booth... you could here cricketts and see tumbleweeds blowing through.

I am a Honda fanatic, but I think they have thier hands full with competition on these kipors. (Kipors are a Philips product, btw)
Old 11-15-2005, 12:55 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally posted by Gina D.@Nov 15 2005, 06:46 AM
Michael, the TC models are Red. That picture is of the Ti.
Help, Iím confussed. The label on the Yellow McCulloch says FG2000TC.

Now that you mentioned it, I remember seeing RED moldels and Yollow ones. So why is this one labeled TC?
Old 11-15-2005, 12:57 PM   #6

Gina, what did you buy? Sinemaster or something?
Old 11-15-2005, 01:14 PM   #7

West Coast USA
Registry
I bought the Sinemaster, yes.

I am sure it's the same, marketed under different names, like so many other overseas manufactured items.

I just replaced my batterry charger. The old one was a Sears brand. The new one is a Shumacher. They physically are exactly the same, right down to the mounting brackets. Only difference? The outside label.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:16 PM   #8

West Coast USA
Registry
Looking at that picture and the label closer, it also says DIGITAL, which I think is the invertor model. Aske me not.. something doesn't seem right. Maybe a bad photshop cut and paste?
Old 11-15-2005, 06:29 PM   #9

Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
Quote:
Originally posted by Gina D.@Nov 15 2005, 12:14 PM
...I just replaced my batterry charger. The old one was a Sears brand. The new one is a Shumacher. They physically are exactly the same, right down to the mounting brackets. Only difference? The outside label.
Schumacher Electric Corporation is an actual manufacturer, like Honda for the generators - I don't know who really makes the McCulloch/Sinemaster, although I notice that McCulloch doesn't show this style in their generators web page. Sears, Canadian Tire, and no doubt others sell Schumacher products labeled as their "house brand".

The house brand versions can be identical, and I think they are a good alternative source; for instance, I have not seen the "smart" series of Schumacher chargers under their own name in local stores (WalMart has only the basic series), but they are readily available at Canadian Tire as Eliminator and Nautilus models. Unfortunately, the house brand is often an expensive way to buy the product, such as the Sears Craftsman power tools, which are often overpriced compared to the name-brand alternative.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 09:01 PM   #10

Name: Tom
Trailer: 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Texas
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
My McCulloch FG 2000 Tc is bright yellow, says "digital" on the side, and looks exactly like the picture in Mike's post. It also says in small print "made in China by Kipor". I don't know any way to test if it's an inverter model. Tom Trostel
Old 11-16-2005, 12:12 AM   #11

Here is the website I saw the RED and YELLOW versions.

Kipor Generators

This is the 2000 watt Ti version in yellow. KGE2000Ti

$795 CDN & $676 USD
Old 11-16-2005, 12:15 AM   #12

This is the Tc version in RED.

Kipor KGE2000Tc

$710 CDN & $603 USD
Old 11-16-2005, 01:29 AM   #13

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
The color doesn't mean anything -- I believe yellow is a corporate color for McCulloch tools, so Kipor likely just made the 2000Tc in yellow -- If they made one for John Deere, it would likely be in John Deere green and say "BillyBob Loves Charlene" somewhere on it -- The 2000Tc's I looked at in Sportsman's Warehouse were indeed yellow.

Kipor is being cagey with their descriptions -- On the 2000Ti, they are quick to point out that it is inverter based, has good sine characteristics (which may or may not be needed, even for computers because the computer's power supply is likely to handle all that when it breaks it down to DC, which is what the computer actually runs on....).

On the 2000Tc, they say it is "digitally" controlled, and then carefully avoid explaining what that means, so it might mean anything from your index finger to a digitial computer controlling the throttle to keep the frequency near 60Hz (I believe the latter is the case) -- My 1982 pickup truck was digitally controlled, but it was a far cry from what's in my 98 Ranger!

IOW, this generator is likely to be very much like what small generators were like prior to Honda/Yamaha/Mitsubishi coming out with inverter-based generators and will likely run at higher rpm for frequency stability, which might mean that they are louder in the real world than the 2000Ti -- However, it appears that, like the Honda, etc., they were designed inside and out to be quieter than the previous generation of small generators.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:10 AM   #14

Name: Benita
Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft 1982
Georgia
Send a message via Yahoo to Benita
I called McCulloch about a week ago to ask them if their 2000W digital generator TC model was indeed the Kipor-Sinemaster 2000TI and not the Kipor-SinemasterTC. I explained that I wasn't sure since one of the distinguishable features of the Kipor was the color of the casing. They transferred me a bunch of times and I was told their spec guy would call back that day. Like I said it was about a week ago.

Gina, you are responding based on what you know of Sinemaster. When this product got rebranded, it didn't have to stay true to the OEM product in any regards. What the McCulloch product is is what the McCulloch contract with Kipor says it will be. Apparently, it is a gold cased MuCulloch 2000W digital generator TC model, no photoshopping involved. Now, what we want to know is if it is identical in specs to the red Kipor-Sinemaster TC generator or the gold/yellow Kipor-Sinemaster TI generator.