Georgia reno of 2001 Scamp - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-04-2013, 08:25 PM   #15

Name: Steve
Trailer: Bigfoot, Trillium, Scamp 5th Wheel
Spokane Wa. and Las Vegas, Nv.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by volunteergal63 View Post
Where can you get stainless steel acorn nuts??
Any hardware store should carry them. I bought some and they were over $1 each.

Old 05-04-2013, 08:27 PM   #16

Name: Susan A
Trailer: 2001 16' Scamp
Georgia
The black water tank has a separate drain from what I can see. It is full of water and cleaner at the moment,no leaks. will drain it in the morning. The water from the shower came straight out of the small white pipe onto the barn floor. The pipe to the grey tank comes out of the white fitting ???

Old 05-04-2013, 08:36 PM   #17

Registry
Weird, not something I've seen before. Does the blackwater come out of the black part? If so that would be cool as the white pipe would drain right into the sewer line when hooked up. Other than cleaning the shower you probably won't have water in it unless hooked up.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:40 PM   #18

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Air conditioner may be fixable. Start out by checking if it has power to it. May be some corroded connections. I had that problem with an A/C unit that was on my daughters popup.
The air conditioner is 12 years old and even if I can fix it for now. I don't want it to go out on me while I on the road. How long do they usually last. Mine is a Coleman Mini-Mach.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:43 PM   #19

Registry
Mines an 84 and still going strong.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:49 PM   #20

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hammel View Post
Weird, not something I've seen before. Does the blackwater come out of the black part? If so that would be cool as the white pipe would drain right into the sewer line when hooked up. Other than cleaning the shower you probably won't have water in it unless hooked up.
The black water has it's own pipe with a valve and drain.
The black water does not come out of the black fitting. The only thing hooked up to it is the pipe going to the grey water tank and the pump.
The white pipe looks jagged as if something broke off. There is nothing to connect to it.

Weird to me too.
Susan H.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:05 PM   #21

Name: Ed
Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe,The driveway is a Dark & Lonely Place now!
Missouri
On a Scamp the toilet is sitting directly on top of its balck tank inside the bathroom itself.
Then the black tank output goes down and into a dump valve so it can drain into a sewer either with the grey or not depending on how many dump valves there are there?

The grey from the shower goes into the pump and then onto the grey tank under the trailer.The grey from the kitchen also goes into the tank and the tank output then goes into the dump valve manifold again unless they are 2 separate lines.

I have seen it both ways.

In order for the grey to dump onto the ground something is not connected somewhere or the dump valve is open.

The pic you show only shows the pump input but I can not see where the output goes if it goes anywhere at all?

Also is the bathroom in the front of the Scamp or on the side??????
Old 05-04-2013, 09:16 PM   #22

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Harris View Post
On a Scamp the toilet is sitting directly on top of its balck tank inside the bathroom itself.
Then the black tank output goes down and into a dump valve so it can drain into a sewer either with the grey or not depending on how many dump valves there are there?

The grey from the shower goes into the pump and then onto the grey tank under the trailer.The grey from the kitchen also goes into the tank and the tank output then goes into the dump valve manifold again unless they are 2 separate lines.

I have seen it both ways.

In order for the grey to dump onto the ground something is not connected somewhere or the dump valve is open.

The pic you show only shows the pump input but I can not see where the output goes if it goes anywhere at all?

Also is the bathroom in the front of the Scamp or on the side??????
The bathroom is on the front. The grey water tank and drain is on the back on the driver side.

It seems there should be something connecting the shower drain (small white pipe in black fitting) to the white fitting that has the pipe to the grey tank in back coming out of it.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:19 PM   #23

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe,The driveway is a Dark & Lonely Place now!
Missouri
It looks to me as though things are backwards?

The shower drain is what should be connected to the pump on one side and then another from the pumps other side to the grey tank.

From the pic the pipe connected to the pump looks to me like a standard shower drain fitting for this but are you claiming it is the other(black) drain that is the shower?
Old 05-04-2013, 09:23 PM   #24

Missouri
Maybe something got whacked and the shower drain is simply leaking and not sealed to the pump line?

The shower pan should be one piece molded and the drain the only way for water to escape it but if the drain is loose on the pan it could just drain from around the drain.

If the pump is not connected to the grey tank and/or if the pump does not turn on when running water for the bathroom maybe you have more than one drain issue from the shower?

There should also be a switch somewhere to start the pump.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:18 PM   #25

Name: Eddie
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Virginia
Susan
It looks like your shower drain is missing the trap bowl. Look at your sink drain it uses the same type of trap bowl. Most RV places carry the drain traps.
Eddie
http://shop.scamptrailers.com/p-375-sink-trap.aspx
Old 05-05-2013, 12:03 AM   #26

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Susan, what Eddie has posted the link to is indeed what you are missing - the trap bowl goes right under the floor drain. Then a hose should run from the trap bowl to the pump and then out to your grey water tank.

BTW I replaced the acorn nuts in my bathroom with Stainless steel as well. 5 years later still no rust and the shower does get used in my trailer.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:47 AM   #27

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Longest View Post
Susan
It looks like your shower drain is missing the trap bowl. Look at your sink drain it uses the same type of trap bowl. Most RV places carry the drain traps.
Eddie
Sink Trap
I see it now, the white thing with the line going to the pump. I was caught up on what appears to be a white thing coming out of the black waste/black water pipe. I agree you are missing the bowl.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:40 AM   #28

Georgia
Thumbs up

Thanks for the help!!
Headed to hardware store today. Any chance they have the shower tray pipe or do I have to get it from Scamp?
I am very excited about doing this myself. Could not do it without you guys!
Thanks again!!
Susan H.

Tags
scamp