Getting the Heater and Fridge going.... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2003, 09:32 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Getting the Heater and Fridge going....

So I have purchased a 1976 Trillium 13' and now I am trying to figure out how to work everything in it. The stovetop is pretty straightforward, but the fridge and heater are a little more of a mystery.

Where approx. is the pilot light on the furnace? Turn the dial to "pilot" and light it. easy right? now if I only knew where that pilot is...

Also the fridge. I thought it worked off of both electricity and propane. Plug the trailer in and the fridge should go, but how to make it work otherwise?

Any help would be great here. I am obviously very new to this, so help a newbie out please!

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 03:04 AM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Furnace: There should be a small door in the grill covering the furnace, open that. Remember this is inside the trailer and the door will come completely off. The dial temp setting is in there behind the door. There is a little trap door held in place with wingnuts, lossen the one that is higher and swing the door open. You can then light the pilot light for the furnace. Remember to close the little trap door.

Refrig: You need to remove the access grill on the outside to switch the controles on the fridge. 2 screws on the bottom and it comes off. Inside in the lower left there is a switch (red) for setting 120volt or 12 volt or off. The switch needs to be set at 120v or it wont work even if the trailer is pluged in. That just sets if any electricty is used, if you run off propane, set it to the off posion and turn on the valve to supply propane, then light the pilot light like a furnace. The access door to light the fridge is in the lower right side.

Hope this helps, if you need more info or what I have is not clear, please post again.

Rich

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge