Going Shopping! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2007, 10:47 PM   #1

Trailer: 73 Boler 13 ft
Finally this Boler will be leaving the driveway this weekend, and we head out, for the first time. Also will hit the "city" for the first time since we bought it. So, what do we need to buy??
What size will we buy for stainless steel screws that have the nylon washer, used for replacing rivets? And ? length.
Can the Ikea Trofast drawers be mounted on the shelf above, rather than putting more holes in the fibreglass closet for mounting siderails? (After I just learned how to fill holes in fibreglass!)
Has anyone put full size plywood sides inside the fibreglass sidewalls of the closet, and mount everything on that? Or if I have to put holes in the walls of the fibreglass closet, I'd like to hand something on the inside and the outside of the wall, to make each hole do double duty? Any pics of organization-type stuff you are happy with?
Finally, what works where? I'm thinking each storage compartment will hold stuff, sorted and separated in Rubbermaid type bins. But the openings of each compartment are all fairly small, compared to the space below. Any containers that work well, eg. getting through the openings, and then turned ninety degrees? I know, girly question!
Getting down to the nitty gritty.... And excited to be packin'up.
Peggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:17 AM   #2

Trailer: Two 13 ft Scamps
Registry
Congrats! Shopping is the next best thing to actually using the camper! I am a master of organization, and in both of my Scamps I hung one of those cloth pocketed shoe holders inside the closet door to keep all of my bath stuff etc in. It works great. On the inside of the closet I stacked several plastic baskets that are open in the front (they do take some manipulating to get them in there!) and those work great too. As far as plywooding the inside of the closet, it sounds like it would be a pain but a great idea in the long run if you needed to attach lots of stuff inside the closet. Here are pics of each...

Can't help you with replacing rivets with screws as I was very intimidated by rivets at first, but once I got the hang of it- they are easy!

Have fun!
Attached Thumbnails
closet_1.jpg   closet_2.jpg  

jaye580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 04:17 AM   #3

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
HI girly Peggy
I used some shelf brackets mounted on inside by riveting them through the side walls.
I then cut shelve out of some left over wood I had and made sure to put a lip on the front so things will not fall off against the door while traveling but wire bins can also put on these shelves without sliding forward.
The shelves are adjustable up and down as needed and I can add or take a shelf out as needed.
Pictures of all but the most resent improvments to "Lady-Bug" can be seen at:
http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g108/can...2013ft%20Boler/
Gerry the canoe builder.
Attached Thumbnails
Shelve1.JPG   Shelve.JPG  

Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:57 PM   #4

Registry
Hey Gerry, I just checked out your album - nice work - but now I want to decorate my trailer tongue and bumber in my theme! A Scamps work is never done...Thanks alot!!!
Old 06-30-2007, 03:42 AM   #5

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Quote:
Hey Gerry, I just checked out your album - nice work - but now I want to decorate my trailer tongue and bumber in my theme! A Scamps work is never done...Thanks alot!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks Jaye, I first created the little lady-bugs on the computer then just cut them out then traced the paterns on the bumper and spent a long 8 hr.day laying on my side hand painting them.
The wife said I should could have got some sticky paper to put in the printer and stick them on but I think the paint will last alot longer.
Gerry the canoebuilder
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 04:10 AM   #6

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: "A long 8hr. day"...are there shorter "8hr. "DAYS"??? Any whoo it took Michelangelo years to paint the ceiling of the Cistine Chapel!!! If he used a roller he could have done it on the weekend!!! Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 04:59 AM   #7

Trailer: Boler 1984
Hi Gerry
Nice work on the "Bug".
Cedar floor racks???
Just how much rain do you guys get on the East Coast?
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 06:08 PM   #8

Trailer: Boler American (#3104)
Registry
Hey Jay,
I don't want to hijack the thread but can you tell me how you attached your tap-lights that I see on the closet?
Also, which side door opening works best for you?
Thanks,
Clive
CliveAlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 05:23 PM   #9

Registry
Hi Clive,

I know lots of people have aversions to drilling holes in the fiberglass... but I am not one of them! The tap lights are held by a small bolt with a nut inside the closet... I have used velcro for stuff too, but it never seems to stay put as long as I would like it too. As far as which way the door swings...they are different for this reason... I used recycled cupboard doors on the one closet and the pre existing hinges were on the left!!!!! When I made the new door for the other Scamp, I hung it as it was originally. I don't have a preference!!

Quote:
Hey Jay,
I don't want to hijack the thread but can you tell me how you attached your tap-lights that I see on the closet?
Also, which side door opening works best for you?
Thanks,
Clive
Old 07-03-2007, 06:19 PM   #10

Trailer: Boler American (#3104)
Registry
Quote:
Hi Clive,

I know lots of people have aversions to drilling holes in the fiberglass... but I am not one of them! The tap lights are held by a small bolt with a nut inside the closet... I have used velcro for stuff too, but it never seems to stay put as long as I would like it too. ...
Thanks Jaye;
I was thinking of something of the sort myself. Just looking for ideas.
CliveAlive is offline   Reply With Quote