GPS antitheft tracking device for Trailer - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2016, 08:30 PM   #41

Trailer: 2000 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Kinnaman View Post
Before purchasing any tracking service I thing a risk analysis is in order.
Along a similar line of thinking: If I feel the need to have a tracking device on my trailer in case of theft in a campground, I need to find another campground.

--Dan Meyer
Dan Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 11:29 PM   #42

Name: Daniel A.
Trailer: Bigfoot 17.0 1991 dlx
British Columbia
Registry
GPS Vehicle Tracking, Anti Theft Devices & Telematics | Cellutrak
Daniel A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 11:33 PM   #43

Name: Daniel A.
Trailer: Bigfoot 17.0 1991 dlx
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post

You still need a satellite tracking that cost money every month I believe.
Daniel A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 11:39 PM   #44

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
OUCH!
$500 for the unit.
Which reminds me, I'm on my second TomTom GPS. The first one quit after several years for no apparent reason. It only cost me about $125 to buy another, and it came with lifetime maps ( lifetime of the unit, I presume ). I don't have enough faith in technology to shell out $500, even if I thought I needed one.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2016-04-15 at 10.34.40 PM.png  
Old 04-16-2016, 04:09 AM   #45

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
GPS antitheft tracking device for Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
OUCH!
$500 for the unit.
Which reminds me, I'm on my second TomTom GPS. The first one quit after several years for no apparent reason. It only cost me about $125 to buy another, and it came with lifetime maps ( lifetime of the unit, I presume ). I don't have enough faith in technology to shell out $500, even if I thought I needed one.

While reluctance to "invest" in expensive technology is understandable, I'm somewhat curious if any cautious person would include a pacemaker, should it ever be determined that one is needed, or maybe even a hearing aid. Or an airline ticket, for that matter. Or a fancy new tow vehicle when the current one "dies." Or a new desktop or laptop, as few things are fail safe or last a lifetime. Lots of people shell out big bucks every day for technology that they know may or will fail someday. Point I am trying to make is that most of us rely on technology, some of it rather costly, on a daily basis. Gotta wonder how the Apollo astronauts felt about the technology sending them to the moon, especially those on 13. I don't see GPS antitheft tracking devices any different from any other available technology. If it were not for a wide-scale faith in expensive technology, we would all still be cooking over fire, handwriting all of our written correspondence, walking or riding a horse everywhere, eliminating our bodily wastes in privies or behind a tree, having gangrenous body parts removed by a surgeon with a handsaw, and RVing in prairie schooners. Fortunately, we all live in societies where we can choose what technologies we may wish to embrace.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 04-19-2016, 03:33 PM   #46

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
To scare off a thief I should buy a remote controlled skunk that wonders around our trailer and it has a tinny bit of a skunk smell to it while we go out shopping or touring . Being creative here LOL

I like the tiny gps bike tracker which is pretty cool .
I guess if I ever wanted to know where my wife is at the mall shopping to find her while I'm waiting and waiting out in my car for ever. , just slip one in her bottomless purse before she goes out shopping .
Old 04-19-2016, 03:46 PM   #47

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Just check your account with online banking. You can see what stores she is shopping in.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:52 PM   #48

Name: Jamie
Trailer: Vintage
Ohio
There is a product out there, its called RV Locate. We have one, it took my husband less than 5 minutes to put it on. It runs off of 12v when the tow vehicle is hooked up - but it also has an internal battery that holds a charge for up to 6 months in storage. The tow vehicle charges the internal battery.

It's the only one out there that we found that the device battery will last, is maintenance free, has a warranty, is waterproof, notify you via text message of motion / geofences, etc. And, its only $10 a month. No contracts.

We got ours on a promo from a dealer, so we paid $199 for it. The coupon code was CASTLECOUNTRY on their website.

We love it, best of luck!

RV Tracking Device
trav1027 is offline   Reply With Quote