Grey water holding tank 76 boler 13 ft - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2015, 10:55 AM   #1

Name: Michael
Trailer: Boler
Ontario
Grey water holding tank 76 boler 13 ft

Hello,
I am needing to get hold of a Gray water holding tank. I find it very difficult task as I don't know what I am looking for. There are several after market providers...but until I see one I won't know. Does anyone have a photo they could share or a description (dimensions etc)??

Many thanks
Michael
michael386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 09:09 AM   #2

Name: Tim
Alberta
Are you just draining the kitchen sink or did your's come with a shower too? I only have the sink to drain grey water so I just ran a host out the side to a decent sized bucket outside the trailer.
TimR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 09:33 AM   #3

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Micheal does your trailer have its original 76 built frame? If so you should know installing a built in grey tank may with its weight when full, be all it takes to push you into having to replace it.

A fast an easy alternative would be to get yourself a small tote and carry waster water container. Just attach a garden hose to the grey water outlet on the outside of the trailer onto the tank which would be located outside the trailer. An even cheaper approach is to get a large bucket with a lid (such as paint bucket) - cut a hole in the lid for the hose to fit in.

Edit to add: You may have a hard time finding anyone to share a photo of their grey tank on a 13' Boler as they where not common to the 13' - more common to find on the larger Boler's.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 10:02 AM   #4

Name: Naomi
Trailer: 1972 Boler 13 Foot
British Columbia
Grey water holding tank for 13 foot Boler

I have a 1972 , 13 foot Boler and don't have a grey water holding tank. All we have is a kitchen sink to drain and there's not a huge amount to drain each day. We put a buck underneath the drain hole and it works fine and simple to wash out when it gets grimy. It's simple and gets the job done well. Is there a reason you are looking to install a holding tank?, maybe I'm missing having something worthwhile .....
Boler Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 03:28 PM   #5

Ontario
Thanks for all the feedback. I only have the kitchen sink...to drain, but I am trying to avoid having to use the bucket ( which previous owner did) as in most campsites, it is not convenient to carry to appropriate dump site (or polite) just to dump it anywhere. I like the idea of a 5 gallon pail ( or whatever size would fit into storage area) with the lid...in fact I may use 2. With only draining the kitchen sink 2, 5 gal pails would last several days....I could then dump them when I leave the site or on the way out at the dump site. Again.....thanks....always good to hear what others think.
Old 05-10-2015, 03:31 PM   #6

Ontario
I forgot to mention that I do not have the waste water "garden hose" outlet. Can someone share a photo of what that looks like. I have the fresh water input connection.
Old 05-10-2015, 04:52 PM   #7

Name: Kent
Trailer: 1974 1300 Boler
Manitoba
The waste water "garden hose" outlet is just like your fresh water input connection, just the opposite gender fitting.

I use a plastic 5 gal water cooler jug. It even has a convienient carry handle molded into the jug.

You will want to replace your sink drain hose, re-routing it to a male garden hose fitting (any RV shop will have a selection) out the side of the camper. Then a short length of garden hose (with a female fitting) to drain into the jug.

Tags
boler