Grey water overflow hose - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2009, 09:08 PM   #1

Trailer: 2007 Scamp 16 ft
Registry
Hi,
We just purchased a used (2007) 16' Scamp - we are completey new to travel trailers. While going through and cleaning all the nooks and crannies, I opened up the under-bench space where the fresh water tank is located. In that space, I noticed a blue/white striped hose which came from the grey water tank (I believe) but just stuck up in the air. Nearby is a hole out the bottom of the floor where it looks like this hose was once directed out of the trailer floor - there is a bunch of caulking around the hole which probably sealed the hose in place.
I am assuming that this is the grey water overflow hose which has come loose from its outlet hole. The problem is that, for some reason, the hose barely reaches that hole. Maybe it was cut too short to start with or somehow broke, but it looks like it will need to be replaced. I can't find this hose as a 'part' in the Scamp site 'Parts Store'. Any idea where I can get a longer length of this hose? Is there a particular name for this type of hose?
Thanks!
Fran L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:16 PM   #2

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
it could possibly be an air vent for the tank. It went to the outside of the trailer (As it should)

I have never heard of an overflow hose for the gray tank..that could get yukky.. and make your neighbors very annoyed.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:20 PM   #3

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Registry
It's the vent tube. In order for waste water to get into the gray tank the (smelly) air that's already inside it needs a way out, and it's best to vent it to the outside of the trailer both to keep the smell and (should it happen) any overflow waste water outside.

Here's a pic of the waste line coming down from the sink and the green-and-white-striped vent tube (and sundry other electrical and plumbing stuff) under the curb side dinette bench in my '05 Scamp.

Click image for larger version

Name:	08Jun27UnderSinkNewBenchCablePipeRoutes.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	21447
peterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:22 AM   #4

Trailer: 2007 Scamp 16 ft
Registry
[quote]It's the vent tube. In order for waste water to get into the gray tank the (smelly) air that's already inside it needs a way out, and it's best to vent it to the outside of the trailer both to keep the smell and (should it happen) any overflow waste water outside.

Here's a pic of the waste line coming down from the sink and the green-and-white-striped vent tube (and sundry other electrical and plumbing stuff) under the curb side dinette bench in my '05 Scamp.

Attachment 21447

Thanks! It looks like we just need to get a slightly longer hose and replace the one that no longer reaches the hole in the floor to vent outside. Previous owner had the Scamp on site, never towed, and ran grey water directly outside.
Fran L is offline   Reply With Quote