Guidance for replacing Boler window seals - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2016, 08:40 AM   #1

Name: Rhonda
Trailer: 1976 Boler "Small Scale"
Ontario
Guidance for replacing Boler window seals

We have a 1976 (?) Boler 13' and want to do some work on the windows - jalousie and plexiglass both. I have combed through the forum and also checked youtube. It would be wonderful to have a checklist of materials needed BEFORE we begin as we would like to do this right the first time. Any recommendations?

PS - May also need to replace/repair the crank mechanism on one of the side jalousie windows as currently not working. Will hopefully order new plexiglass for back and front window.
smallscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:18 PM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: 13' 1973 Boler - tow/2017 Colorado Crew-Cab
Ontario
Registry
Rhonda; First suggestion is that since you're already close, drive over to Sebringville, and meet Paul Nieumeister at his shop. He is very friendly, and quite willing and able to talk 'Boler'. Although we're almost 500 km away - I really found his help and personal suggestions very useful. AND, he has (or had) some of the original window rubber and lockstrip for your front and rear windows.
Old 08-10-2016, 08:25 AM   #3

Ontario
Thanks for reaching out

I just spoke with him yesterday about the hinge kits he sells. I'll give him a call so thank you for the suggestion!
Old 08-10-2016, 06:17 PM   #4

Ontario
Which installation method works best?

Now that we know where to get the materials, I am looking for the most "idiot proof" way to reinstall the back and front windows of the Boler. I have watched the videos posted on youtube by Kevin Johnston (Part 1 at and Part 2 at ). However, I also watched one from Steel Rubber products at . They actually put the seal on the window first and then install the window (in back of pick up truck).

Are there any experienced owners out there that can comment on either or both?
Old 08-16-2016, 10:49 AM   #5

Name: Diane
Trailer: boler
New York
windows

I see the question about materials for windows!!!!!I then see the reply to contact someone who is familiar with window repair.. Iam new to this site but located in northern New York in the Adirondack mountain with very little access to anything. So I asked again what will I need for front and rear windows and side windows. Im restoring a 13 ft 1984 boler. I see there is a gasket for front and rear windows ,do I use a gasket {where can I get it} also what about Butyl tape do I use both . Inew to this and really want to do repairs myself.Sorry for my lack of knowledge
Diane in New York is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler