Hairline cracks in gelcoat. - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-21-2013, 01:31 PM   #1

Name: Steve and Rosemary
Trailer: 89 Scamp 16 ft side toilet
Utah
Hairline cracks in gelcoat.

Hi everyone. I'm sure there is info on the forum about this issue but I can't find exactly what we need.

Basically, we are going to clean and zep our Scamp soon but I also want to address the issues of the spider/hairline cracks that are all over the place. We are not very handy and don't want to get into re-fiberglass sing and painting the thing if we can avoid it. Is this something that goes away with some floor polish? Is there a simple way to address this? Does it need to be done before we poliglow/use floor wax to get her shine back?

Thanks!

Old 07-21-2013, 01:43 PM   #2

Name: Steve and Rosemary
Trailer: 89 Scamp 16 ft side toilet
Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve and Rosemary View Post
Hi everyone. I'm sure there is info on the forum about this issue but I can't find exactly what we need.

Basically, we are going to clean and zep our Scamp soon but I also want to address the issues of the spider/hairline cracks that are all over the place. We are not very handy and don't want to get into re-fiberglass sing and painting the thing if we can avoid it. Is this something that goes away with some floor polish? Is there a simple way to address this? Does it need to be done before we poliglow/use floor wax to get her shine back?

Thanks!
PLEASE DISREGARD OR DELETE

We had a failure to communicate that one of us had already started a thread addressing this issue. Sorry.