hand vacume? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2012, 06:45 PM   #21

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Actually it is a good thing. We volunteer on Pine Ridge every year. While there, we stay in our camper, as we usually have or are with university students. Old people need their sleep. The Rez has those nasty goats head burrs that end up being tracked in, stuck to everything.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:24 AM   #22

Trailer: Boler 1984
One of those kids play things with wiskers on one end. It fits well in the closet until it decides to come out.
Attached Thumbnails
185 (480x640).jpg  
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:27 AM   #23

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
We have a very small carpet sweeper of the old fashioned type. However, it's not old. The business end is probably 10x10 or 12x12. The handle is maybe 4 ft long.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:43 AM   #24

Name: kenny
Trailer: 93 "Lil" Bigfoot 13.5'
Utah
big 5 sporting goods has a wet/dry vacuum on sale for $10.00. It is 12 volt ,it takes up space of about a cubic foot, has attachments and a couple feet of hose, I plug mine into an interior 12 volt outlet.

Later Kenny
Kenny Strong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:44 AM   #25

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Strong View Post
big 5 sporting goods has a wet/dry vacuum on sale for $10.00. It is 12 volt ,it takes up space of about a cubic foot, has attachments and a couple feet of hose, I plug mine into an interior 12 volt outlet.

Later Kenny
that might fit in the storage spot with the fresh water tank.
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:06 AM   #26

Name: Russ
Trailer: Scamp 16' side dinette, Airstream Safari 19'
California
So far we get by with a foxtail and dustpan to get the big stuff. Then use a house vac when back home. Just weekend trips so far. For further refinement I think We'll go to a mini foxtail and dustpan to save weight.
Russ
ruscal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #27

Trailer: 1994 Lil Bigfoot and 1967 Traveleze Royal Traveler
First and foremost, keep the dirt outside. This works great and comes complete with a daisy: Amazon.com: Grassworx 10366285 Door Mat: Office Products

Then, since even a daisy isn't perfect, I do a daily application of the whiskery stick thing. Strangely enough, the home version doesn't fit my hand either except in the garage. But the special camping version does. Maybe that is because I twisted off the plastic cap at the top off the handle, cut the handle down to 2 feet and then replaced the cap. By doing that the whiskery stick became an offiicial camping tool which stored conveniently in the now-departed Littlefoot. As a camping tool it was not morally wrong for me to use.

I've got a B&D hand vac but the whiskery thing is much more useful on a day to day basis.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:22 AM   #28

Michigan
lol i , actualy my wife, solved it.

we have a very good hand held vacume, with a beater bar and all.

its been in our basement for maybe 20 years. neither of us can remember where it came from, but she saw it down there not long ago and remembered it.

lol really surprising because other then christmas orniments, and my koi pond supplies,,,, i didn;t think there was any thing down there.

nice thing about getting old and forgetful,,,, always a surprise right around the corner.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:38 AM   #29

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by john warren View Post
nice thing about getting old and forgetful,,,, always a surprise right around the corner.
I hide my own Easter eggs
Old 04-09-2012, 10:55 AM   #30

Michigan
ohh my goodness....we went to wally world yesterday to shop for the scamp....now my wife and i are basicly backwards when it comes to shopping,,,she hates it,,,i like it. i don't buy a lot,,,,but i like to look at things so when i do want it,,,i know where it is.
but she was in the zone...got some wheel wedges to keep the scamp from rolling away, a silverware tray for the drawer, even a dish drainer for the sink...i told her "AWWWW for ME?" and she looked me dead in the eye and said."yup".
anyway we found a nice little blue rug for in front of the door, and a plastic mat for under the awning.
still haven't decided on dishes, theres some pretty cool malamine ones we are looking at. for this weeks trip with the grandson we will use paper plates and red solo cups.
(ok,,for my fellow irish, is it a sin to drink jamesons from a red solo cup?)
Old 04-09-2012, 11:19 AM   #31

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
In our Kodiak (winter home) we have the dishes etc but my wife says it's GOING TO BE paper plates in the Egg Camper. We have plastic cups and non-throw away "silverware." Our division of labor while away from home is she cooks and mostly cleans up since I do all the driving, hitching-unhitching, etc. Home is different. She cooks, I clean up and I do the laundry.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:22 AM   #32

Michigan
well, i do all the cooking at camp,,, that and the cleaning. and of course the driving,hooking unhooking. and finding a place to go. and building the fire,,,hey what the heck am i dragging her along for anyway?

oh yeah,,,legs.....
Old 04-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #33

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by john warren View Post
oh yeah,,,legs.....
Why, you don't have any of your own? Never mind, don't answer that...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:43 PM   #34

Michigan
well she shaves hers,,,where as when i wear shorts,,,,there are often sasquatch sightings...i ain't sayin....i'm just sayin...
Old 04-10-2012, 09:54 PM   #35

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Another Vacuum choice

Years ago I bought several DeWalt 18 volt hand shop tools, all of which used the same exact battery.

We bought a Dewalt 18 volt wet/dry vacuum which also uses the same battery, and it has served us well. We leave it in the Casita at all times.

The black elastic hose can be separated from the fixed nozzle and used by hand, or left connected to the fixed nozzle and used with one hand.

It has about a quart of water capacity. Since it is 18 volt it is more safe to use than a 110v AC unit.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Dewalt Vacuum with Battery_reduced.jpg  
Mike Price is offline   Reply With Quote