Handicap modifications? - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-13-2019, 11:40 AM   #1

Name: David
Trailer: Learning before buying
MD
Handicap modifications?

I am new to this group, but have learned much by reading many threads. We are seasoned tenters, having camped across the continent a few times. But a spinal injury rules out getting into a tent for my wife. She must use a walker or have access to hand rails on both sides, including on the entry door. We itch to get back on the road. So I am considering a FGRV between 13 to 17 feet. At least a cassette toilet and a small double bed are necessary. We must obtain a TV which is likely to be a Highlander, Pilot, or Traverse which give better access for my wife than a pickup does. Anybody out there with such issues? Any suggestions about a particular FG trailer being more suitable for modification? In particular, I wonder if rear entry, like the Lil Snoozy is preferable? I am handy and capable of doing many modifications, but I don't want to rebuild an older unit.

David H Miner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 05:27 PM   #2

Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David H Miner View Post
I am new to this group, but have learned much by reading many threads. We are seasoned tenters, having camped across the continent a few times. But a spinal injury rules out getting into a tent for my wife. She must use a walker or have access to hand rails on both sides, including on the entry door. We itch to get back on the road. So I am considering a FGRV between 13 to 17 feet. At least a cassette toilet and a small double bed are necessary. We must obtain a TV which is likely to be a Highlander, Pilot, or Traverse which give better access for my wife than a pickup does. Anybody out there with such issues? Any suggestions about a particular FG trailer being more suitable for modification? In particular, I wonder if rear entry, like the Lil Snoozy is preferable? I am handy and capable of doing many modifications, but I don't want to rebuild an older unit.
If you can find a Burro "Wide Body", it has an extra wide entry door. It came in a 14ft and a 17ft. The bathroom is especially accessible as well and has no step over threshold.

floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 09:37 PM   #3

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David H Miner View Post

lil Snoozy has an extra wide rear door. Downside is unless you can find a used one the factory is more than a year out.
charlsara is offline   Reply With Quote