Harbor Freight Air Hydraulic pop rivet tool - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2013, 08:15 PM   #1

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
Harbor Freight Air Hydraulic pop rivet tool

This week I had the urge to install my Fantastic fan. I was not looking forward to installing 40 or so 3/16 pop rivets the way I wished to install my fan. To my luck Harbor Freight put on sale their Air Hydraulic riveters. I buy a fair amount of stuff from Harbor Freight and take the good with the bad but this purchase turned out really good. It is my new best friend. Poping 3/16 rivets is not an easy task with a manual tool, but was a dream with this machine. The tool needs high pressure at 90 Lbs but not much volume so you dont need a big compressor. Harbor freight has this riveter on sale now, Item 93458 from $44.99 to $34.99 and I had one of their 20% discount coupons which knocked off another $7.00, so at $27.99 I jumped in and took a chance. In operation the 3/16 rivets set nice and smooth without cruching the thin fiberglass of the Scamp shell. Some of the rivets need to be set twice to pop the rivet and pull the pin. It just means you hold the gun in place and release the trigger and then squeeze the trigger again. You have to let off the trigger all the way or the rivet grippers inside the tool wont move down the rivet and grab again. I am not affilated with Harbor Freight and I hope anyone using one of these has the same results I did. The actual installation of my fan is carried on another thread. Fantastic Fan install on the modifications forum.
Steve
Attached Thumbnails
DCP02065.JPG   DCP02073.JPG  

DCP02077.JPG   DCP02079.JPG  

stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote