Heat-electric options - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-21-2007, 05:33 AM   #15
Name: Steve
Trailer: 2003 Casita 16' SD
Sure wish someone would do a heated floor mod and tell the rest of us how it works out.

I keep thinking about those electric rubber mats with the heat inside for under the table.

Would be nice to have warm feet while playing cards in the evening.
Wondered if left on overnight how much heat they would send up.

Has anyone tried one? I didn't save the url for who sells them so can't remember.

Nancy in north MN
I have a pair of the 36" mats. Together, they cover the length of the aisle in my Casita. They use 135 watts each. They are toasty warm on my stocking feet in the coldest of weather. However, they don't give off enough to heat the trailer by themselves.

I only bring them on cold weather trips. You can also see them under my underbed storage bins on the how do you organize your stuff thread.One of the mats

Heated Mat Web Site

Quando omni flunkus, moritati
Steve L. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 05:50 PM   #16
Name: Bobbie
Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970/Escape 15A
Well, I got a hookup on permanent electric, not the generator, so did not get to find out how cold my trailer can get. But I think I'd have been okay. I used only the electric mattress pad at night and it actually got too warm. It would have been a bit colder if I had not had it, but not cold enough to wake me out of a sound sleep.

I used a space heater on the stove to warm the trailer before going to sleep, but did not leave it on overnight (and did not turn both the heated pad and the space heater on at once- I wasn't sure about the electrical load so didn't want to chance it.) With the pop top down the space heater quickly heats the trailer and I can run the cord over the top drawer to the outlet so that it is pretty safe from dogs. It got to 30 degrees overnight the second night but I was fine with the electric mattress pad. In the morning I turned the heater on to take the chill off.

Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote