Heater choices.... - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-03-2014, 04:56 PM   #15
Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
Originally Posted by Steve Outlaw View Post
If that hose is what it appears to be it is an accordian type metal hose. I'm not sure that hose is designed to be constantly flexed. I'd be concerned that metal fatigue from many open/close cycles of the door might cause it to crack. Were it to do so... well you see where I'm going with that.

That, and it already looks kinked.

Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 05:39 PM   #16
Name: Steven
Trailer: Currently Shopping
NW Wisconsin
Also the changeover or connection from the flexible gas piping to the gas source piping is supposed to be exposed .The connection is not to be made inside a wall ceiling , or cabinet . IE ;Concealed

steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 04:59 AM   #17
Name: p@
Trailer: Casita
South Carolina
steve, metal fatigue would be a drag. however, since i'll only be using the unit when there's no 'tricity hookup (why use my propane when i can use their ac power for my cube heater?) i can keep it unconnected most of the time and limit the number of opening & closings. i'll keep an eye on it and trust the propane detector and the emergency shut off valves.

patrick crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 05:00 AM   #18
Name: p@
Trailer: Casita
South Carolina
ok... i'm here to eat a generous portion of humble pie. those of you who cautioned me regarding the use of the flexible metal hose to connect the wave3 were totally correct. it didn't last very long. i'm into the first week of a 2 month or so trip and yesterday i discovered a rather ugly hole in the hose. amazon is shipping me a rubber replacement and i'm hoping that will get me thru this trip. after that i may reconsider relocating the little heater. so much for following the advice of a counter worker at the supply store. fortunately i wasn't trying to use the heater when i noticed the problem (i have electric hook up at this campground and was using their electricity for the space heater instead of my propane).

patrick crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:15 AM   #19
Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
The problem with Counter Workers is that they are Counter Workers.
When it comes to GAS or Electricity, Get your advice from a Person that has the training and certifications. You are really lucky to be alive.
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:15 AM   #20
Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Coachman
Glade Valley, North Carolina

“I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
papa-t is offline   Reply With Quote