height of 13ft FG units - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2014, 06:55 PM   #1

Name: Al
Trailer: Shopping
T4c2h5
height of 13ft FG units

Hi Everyone

Had a 74 boler, which we sold to buy and restore a 1985 vw westy. Looking to sell that and come back to a FG. Found the 13Ft was the right size.

Our 74 bolero deluxe fit into a garage with a 7ft door. I'm just wondering if the other models (burro, casita etc) would also fit in through a 7ft door. Of course this would be units without A/C

Cheers
Al
Calgary
Yycwrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 07:11 PM   #2

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Welcome to the Group

With "native" 13" wheels I don't think that any of the Egg shape FGRV's will fit under a 7' door. However several on the site have changed out the 13" rims for much smaller 8" rims & tires from tent trailers and were "Barely" able to slip into standard garage openings. Of course these were installed for parking purposes only. You would have to measure a specific unit to see if that would be enough.

As an alternative you might consider either a Hunter Compact or a Trails West Campster. Both were originally designed to fit in standard garages.; And, just like your Westy, these both have pop-up tops to make the loss of the VW a little easier.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 07:49 PM   #3

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Or another alternative is go to an 8' door.

The PO of my home had made overhead storage that was falling down and my garage door needed replacing. I replaced the wooden loft with warehouse racking and created a mezzanine. Adding a 8' roll up door to increase storage space.
Roll Up Doors | Davis Roll Up Solutions

It was a good thing we did this. Discovered the support for the rear of the garage was collapsing, so we added a new main beam in the interim. The rear brick wall has to come down, so I will add another roll up door to the back and I'll be able to get a trailer into the back yard. I've been building locked. At least now I can park the trailer in the garage over the winter rather than off site.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 08:29 AM   #4

Name: Lesa
Trailer: In the market!
Arizona
FYI There was a Hunter Compact for sale on Craig's List in Flagstaff AZ recently it was around $3500.
SimplyLesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 01:17 PM   #5

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr and 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
Compact Jr will fit .....

Trailer Fits Inside Standard Garage Photo by tomNjo | Photobucket