Help again!!! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2007, 06:03 PM   #1

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel ('ye ole bucket')
ok I go out to the trailer this a.m... to check about this 'go no where hose' and decided to check up in the loft well there is a leak!!!!! the bedding was wet so i felt around the side window... I do feel a damp spot right under one of the screws.. Does this whole window need a new seal or ???? I also have to get the seal that will go around the front plexiglass in front.. as its old and worn.. you can see splits in it around the corners.
what do I ask for at Scamp to fix both windows.? The side window really looks and feels like its sealed good, but the leak is there? This is very stressful to have bought this trailer and being decieved on the condition!! I am soooo stressed! I have put to much money into it now to just give it away..... Wooooooooooooo iz me....
Christine V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 06:21 PM   #2

Trailer: Two 13 ft Scamps
Registry
Quote:
ok I go out to the trailer this a.m... to check about this 'go no where hose' and decided to check up in the loft well there is a leak!!!!! the bedding was wet so i felt around the side window... I do feel a damp spot right under one of the screws.. Does this whole window need a new seal or ???? I also have to get the seal that will go around the front plexiglass in front.. as its old and worn.. you can see splits in it around the corners.
what do I ask for at Scamp to fix both windows.? The side window really looks and feels like its sealed good, but the leak is there? This is very stressful to have bought this trailer and being decieved on the condition!! I am soooo stressed! I have put to much money into it now to just give it away..... Wooooooooooooo iz me....
Don't despair. The people at Scamp parts dept are very nice, and they will know what you need. I have called them about the black thing that goes around the... whatever and they know what I am talkng about and except for tires... they are very reasonable in prices. Have dimensions of windows written down- I have found that there are some variances to them over the years and they will ask you what year the Scamp is and stuff like that. Good luck!
jaye580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 06:44 PM   #3

jaye.. yes i have ordered stuff from them many times.. but not this much!! i think all those seals around the window ( where it doesnt open) and the front of the 5er will all have to be replaced as most have at least a 1/2 inch gap at the bottom corner... ???? i am assuming the seals should meet where the angle is..
Old 07-18-2007, 08:51 AM   #4

I called Scamp and Kent is telling me they dont even carry the black seals that goes around the window?? the black stip that fits on the non opening part of the window.. Said he didnt know what I was talking about... I find that really odd.... They order their windows from some else... ( sigh) Only seal i can get it the one for the front on the 5er that doesnt open.... ( sigh)

am i not asking for the right thing???
this is all i need is a bucket full of leaks!!!
Old 07-18-2007, 09:04 AM   #5

Trailer: Casita 16 ft 1984 and U-Haul CT13 1985
Registry
Interstate Metal Fabricators carries replacement parts for Hehr windows. Does something on Pages 15-17 of their catalog look like what you need? We found them to be a really nice company to order from. They're located in Milwaukie, Oregon.

Jeanne
Jeanne and Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:09 AM   #6

thanks... whats it called?? this is what i need.. i dont think this much of a gap is suppose to be there?? I have outlined it in yellow..

Click image for larger version

Name:	Window_seal.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	8968

I will try one more time to get these things fixed... Having no way of fixing this stuff myself and paying out $70 an hr has taken a toll on me.. I cant take the stress of what this has done to me.. I cant sleep.. i have anxiouty plus some other issues over this trialer. All i wanted was getting a 5th wheel dlx i could use w/o all these headaches... Getting ripped off has gotton me so upset..... this purchase was quite unfair from what I was told it was in 'good shape' which its not!!
no more complaining here .. sorry i have to vent on this.... I wont bother anyone anymore for help... i guess there is no fool like an ole fool......

I will put it up for Best Offer soon if this repair gets anymore expensive....
Old 07-18-2007, 09:25 AM   #7

Registry
Unless someone got silicone involved you should be able to easily remove the rubber piece from the window and compare it to what's shown in the catalog. You could also take a couple of closeup photos of the item you want to replace and email it (with its dimensions) to Interstate Metal and I think they'll send you a free sample of what they think will work.

The good news is that as long as you can get the right part, this is a very easy fix!

Jeanne
Old 07-18-2007, 10:04 AM   #8

Registry
Quote:
no more complaining here .. sorry i have to vent on this.... I wont bother anyone anymore for help...
Don't be discouraged. I don't think you'll have any trouble getting the right window part and this IS something you can do yourself! Helping is no bother - we want you to be happy and to be able to get out and enjoy your lovely 5th wheel!

Jeanne
Old 07-18-2007, 10:39 AM   #9

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Having looked at the photo i now know what the situation is.I had exactly the same on my previous 17 ft Boler.All i did was very carefully put in some silicone and problem disappeared.This repair will cost about $1.49 Canadian and 30 seconds of your time.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:46 AM   #10

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Quote:
Having looked at the photo i now know what the situation is.I had exactly the same on my previous 17 ft Boler.All i did was very carefully put in some silicone and problem disappeared.This repair will cost about $1.49 Canadian and 30 seconds of your time.
I have a similar issue with a Trillium window, the rubber seal where the two ends meet in the middle of the glass has seperated by 1/4" over the years...I put a little bit of butyl tape that I had laying around in the gap, no more water...
brendadave is offline   Reply With Quote