Help! LP gas hose replacement - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2007, 06:28 PM   #1

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft
Howdie all!
the LP hose on my "new" trillium is leaking, the plastic nut is broken from the invide so it leaks whenever I open the tank valve.
it looks like the regular BBW connection.

How do I replace the hose?
it is connected to the original regulator, but I am having hard time unsrewing it.

is there a trick behind it?

now once the hose is replaced (I assume it is availble at any RV place), will the gas flow to the stove once the tank is open? or is there another switch/valve somewhere else?

thanks,
Mo
Mo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 08:36 PM   #2

Trailer: 1989 17 ft Bigfoot Deluxe / 2004 Ford Ranger
Hi Mo
The stove should get gas as soon as you open the tank, and crack open the knob for each burner; it might take a moment to clear air out of the line ahead of the propane, but only briefly, as it's not a long line to the stove from the tank on an Egg !! There should not be a selector like your fridg would have, nor a shutoff valve like your furnace might have, unless a previous owner installed one ,for whatever reason.
BTW...might not be a bad idea to replace the regulator if you think it may be original equipment...they don't last forever !!!
Good luck !!
Joe
Joseph Olajos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 08:40 PM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Howdie all!
the LP hose on my "new" trillium is leaking, the plastic nut is broken from the invide so it leaks whenever I open the tank valve.
it looks like the regular BBW connection.

How do I replace the hose?
it is connected to the original regulator, but I am having hard time unsrewing it.

is there a trick behind it?

now once the hose is replaced (I assume it is availble at any RV place), will the gas flow to the stove once the tank is open? or is there another switch/valve somewhere else?
thanks,
Mo

Is the Trill new to you or is it a brand new unit?If it is new warranty should cover repairs if required.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:43 AM   #4

Trailer: Former Casita 17 ft owner
Mo,

I don't know about the Trill, but on my Casita I had to dismount the regulator and turn it. The hose does not have a swivel connector, so trying to unscrew it from the regulator doesn't work, it just twists the hose.
Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 03:33 AM   #5

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Yea, like Morgan said, I too found it easier to remove the regulator off my Boler when I replaced the hose going from tank to regulator.
It can be done, though, if you can turn the hose while tunring nut out of regulator.
A helper turning the hose is a great help with this.
Gerry the canoebuilder
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 06:08 AM   #6

thanks everybody, I will get a new regulator then.
will work today on taking it out.

thnx
Mo
Old 04-29-2007, 06:55 AM   #7

Trailer: 1986 U-Haul CT13 ft
Most LP gas shops have parts, and may even help you replace them. The LP gas industry is very safety conscious and doesn't want their products to cause problems.
jack maloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 07:20 AM   #8

Trailer: Former Casita 17 ft owner
Quote:
Yea, like Morgan said, I too found it easier to remove the regulator off my Boler when I replaced the hose going from tank to regulator.
It can be done, though, if you can turn the hose while tunring nut out of regulator.
A helper turning the hose is a great help with this.
Gerry the canoebuilder
Gerry,

I think Mo was asking about the hose [b]out of the regulator.
Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:12 AM   #9

Trailer: Casita
Hey Mo,

One more thing...be sure to check for leaks after all this is done. Home Depot, here in the states, has small bottles of the ''foamy stuff'' just for that. I think one of those is a worthy investment and I always had one in my travel tool box. I know you can use soap solution but one of these bottles is so cheap, why bother?

I'm sure you can find it up there somewhere.

EKW
Keith Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 05:08 PM   #10

so yeah, I took out the hose AND the regulator, I will drop by the RV place tomorrow and get new ones. will definetly check for leaks

thanks everybody.

Mo
Old 04-30-2007, 07:31 PM   #11

Hi
I got a new Marshall regulator and hose. The holes on the back of the regulator (where it attaches to the plastic mount) are not threaded.
Any idea how does the regulator attach to the mount (plastic or Z)?

thanks,
Mo
Old 04-30-2007, 07:59 PM   #12

Trailer: Gypsy 1979
Hi Mo, Had a new regulator without threads and found a sheetmetal screw about 3/4 in. long and it cut its own threads and worked fine. Dont know if this is proper way to fix but worked for me. Bill
Bill Boone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:34 PM   #13

Thanks Bill... that sounds like a good solution.
I will check Home Depot tomorrow

Tags
propane