HELP me. I am NEW to RV's & Need info...Buying a tiny Uhaul - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2012, 09:03 PM   #21

Trailer: Cardinal (Restoring)
1. What will your trailer weigh? 2. What is the tow weight of your vehicle? They must be fairly close. Cant pull a 20 ft trailer with a VW Bug. !!!!!!
RRIZZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:21 PM   #22

Trailer: Oliver
Texas
Hi Cindy,
I live in Texas and have already let her know that I would be most happy to help her if she would like. There are areas that are general to all of our travel trailers no matter what the make and model and I know exactly what she is feeling. I was overwhelmed at first but I got over it one step at a time especially with the help of others who so graciously helped me. Now it is my time to help somebody.
HJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:56 PM   #23

Name: Laurie
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Texas
My trip down to Houston was a disaster.. The lady advertises the same VIN on two trailers online.. and it is not the same as the ad. - ( and I dont want to knock her publically) but... I worked in titles for state of TX for years... and lets just say; "it isn't right".

I drove 6 hours down and 6 hours back. and I did NOT buy the trailer. because it is NOT as nice as the pictures I was send. and the AC unit was not installed correctly. I used to be married to a guy who installed them. and it was not a good job. It is clean. and has good cushions. - (lol) but it wasnt painted with the resin your supposed to paint a fiberglasss anything with. ( I am a certified composite bonder ). It was maybe sprayed with a can of paint or someone very inexperienced with a spray gun? - the windows leak... I checked it out throughly..!!!!! I irritated her lifting up EACH cushion and compartment.. and the best answer I got was.. "not as far as I know"... Super CUTE THOUGH- and I want ONE... any 13' will do (love the casita and now the UHaul).. fiberglass preferably. SO-- thank you ll for the GREAT advise and such a great number of people willing to assist me. I am SUPER frustrated.. But. I am now divorced, and I saved up a long while.. and I cant seee giving it to someone who VIN didnt match the ad. and hearing a comment her son sells trailers, and she has two other people interested.. Please SELL them anything... this little mama, needs my money to go toward a nicer, MATCHING VIN to trailer and titles... and not have the police knocking on my door- breaking my kids and my heart taking it to the registered owner. - and MY mom is a private investigator. It is NOT registered in TEXAS with the correct VIN. -- so, I found my journey to have been a waste of time. and I am STILL LOOKING... So, I hope and pray that I run accross some elderly person(s)- who wants to give a SUPER GOOD DEAL to a nice mom and her little kids, and can entrust me to take good care of their trailer--- for YEARS.. The lady wont budge a penny either... NOT EVEN ONE! -
I feel good about walking away. I KNOW the right one will turn up... Sorry...for venting.. :O( uhhhhh.. Log day!! God Bless each of you!!! L
MichiganGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:59 PM   #24

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley Brinacombe View Post
Laurie...let us know when you're home safely. I'm new to the trailer scene too, everyone on the site has been very helpful. I live near you, just across the Detroit River in Windsor, Ontario. I plan on trying out some Michigan campgrounds, maybe we'll run into each other. I'll have the retro '75 Trillium.
OH I am so hoping to go to Luddington State Park this year!!- My kids have never been. I spent all my childhood there anually.. Oh the BEST memories! I do hope we can meet!-
Old 03-12-2012, 10:00 PM   #25

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
By the way Laurie, I would recommend that you edit your first post to remove your email address. Spammers like to harvest emails from wherever they can find them. We can always Private Message you.
Thanks. I didnt know that.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:02 PM   #26

Texas
How do you edit my original post and remove my email?
Old 03-13-2012, 05:55 AM   #27

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Laurie,

I am glad you walked away. It sounds fishy to me, and if you were looking at the one on the ad Thomas found, it was overpriced anyway, even with all the issues you found with it, in my opinion. The trip, from a cost standpoint, was a disaster. Having the courage to walk away makes the trip a success.

If you are OK with a 13' camper, there are a lot of people who get this size and then discover that they want more space. You might try posting a wanted ad here.

Jen, thank you.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:24 AM   #28

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Sometimes ya gotta kiss a few frogs before you find a prince.

Silver lining: You will be better prepared when you look at the next one.
Thomas G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:41 AM   #29

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Smart move walking away. I didn't like the looks of the ad. Keep looking, don't be in a hurry. The Uhauls are a neat trailer, but have their quirky things like window leaks and parts that are unique to them only. I helped a young lady with three kids a couple years ago who had been talked into buying a popup camper without opening it. Result was she got it stuck to her bad. Unfortunately there are some dishonest sellers out there. Bob
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:47 AM   #30

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
awww,,, real sorry it didn;t work out for you.

keep checking the posts in the for sale sign on this site, and look at craigslist r.v. for sale too. but thats a lot more iffy for fiberglass trailers.
i'm sure we will all be watching for something good for you too,,,,,but if we find something good,,,,will we pass it on or snap it up? ??? tuff call,,,,lol
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:57 AM   #31

Name: mona
Trailer: Casita 16'
Wisconsin
Smile May Have a Decent Casita For You

Michigan Girl,

1990 Casita recently restored to close to perfection. Pictures are available if you are interested. It's very nice...and I am very honest about Casita features. Contact thru this site. Mona simpson
monasimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:29 AM   #32

Registry
See, Laurie,

I had a feeling that you might be contacted through this forum. Aside from the kissing cousins, the Burro and Companion, Casita always reminds me of Uhaul. I even mistook one at the Fish Fry last year for a Uhaul. It was missing its Casita stickers and was a little older. It has a roofline similar to the Uhaul.

Check this Casita out.

CindyL
Old 03-13-2012, 11:26 AM   #33

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Sorry about your experience, but keep looking. We are in Texas and also got our ECO (like a Boler) from the Houston area. We're about 6 hours away from Houston, so we might be close to where you are, we are in San Angelo. We've had a small motorhome for several years and have redone the ECO for our daughter in Austin. Any help we can be, just give us a shout.
casey67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:28 PM   #34

Registry
Laurie:

Check this thread out: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post294279. A Cloud is very similar to a Uhaul. Don has been a long-time member here.

I also sent this to another member just be be honest. I don't want to be though to be less than transparent. So - your play.

CindyL

Tags
uhaul