Help! Parkliner roof leak above fan! - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2013, 05:11 AM   #41
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martica View Post
- duct tape will have to do until we can get it serviced.
Use a better brand of tape as glue residue can be an issue with the cheap stuff. I've used 3M and Ace brands, left on for several weeks with minimal residue. Good luck, Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:00 AM   #42

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Hi Deryk! Glad to see we have other PL owners in NJ. on the fan, I am with Stairman - duct tape will have to do until we can get it serviced. Tried every bit we own and nothing. We just got home and the Gander canopy kept our roof dry through massive rains in Northern Pa. We are not DIY'ers. Chandler did call but we had no reception so waiting for a call back.

Have PL connected to our house power to charge and discovered we are not getting full electrical power. Checked house outlet and extension cord - all reading Ok. checked all fuses. If Batteries are dead on trailer shouldn't I still have full power when plugged in? Ugggh! Could the controller have gone bad?
Full electrical power doesn't exist, it is either on or off. While plugged in to 120v your interior outlets, microwave and a/c should operate and your battery should get charged from your converter. Which item is not operating as it should.\?
Old 07-05-2013, 06:58 AM   #43

Name: Marta
Trailer: Parkliner 2012
New Jersey
2 lights dont work at all. The remaining our lights are barelye remaining
Martica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:19 AM   #44

New Jersey
Here I go again with the darn i-phone! So sorry! 2 lights in trailer have no power. Bulbs new. The remaining lights are dim. The fan on max runs like on 1. The outlets read ok. Can't explain it. Calling RV shop. I am hopeful Chandler will respond soon. Haven't even addressed the venting of 2 batteries.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:42 AM   #45

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Escape 19 and Escape 15B
Alberta
Quote:
Here I go again with the darn i-phone! So sorry! 2 lights in trailer have no power. Bulbs new. The remaining lights are dim. The fan on max runs like on 1. The outlets read ok. Can't explain it. Calling RV shop. I am hopeful Chandler will respond soon. Haven't even addressed the venting of 2 batteries.
Are the lights and Max-fan not run off of 12V? It sounds as if your 12V system may be run down. Are you sure that the battery is charging properly?

"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." - Yogi Berra
Ice-breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:07 AM   #46

New Jersey
At this point I am not sure of anything. Battery shows reading of 1.8 only. Been connected for 60 hours to house and still no improvement.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:49 AM   #47

Pennsylvania
Registry
check your converter and verify that all circuits are operating, particularly the battery charging circuit, sounds like your converter is not converting 120v to 12v, do you have electric at your outlets?
Old 07-05-2013, 09:52 AM   #48

New Jersey
Have electric at outlets - no power to water pump, lights and fan weak. We think its the converter also but doesn't seem to have its own fuse and don't know how to check it. Made service aptmt. Thanks for all the inout
Old 07-05-2013, 09:54 AM   #49

Pennsylvania
Registry
if you have a battery charger, plug into one of your 120v outlets and hook up to your battery and then see if you have 12v juice
Old 07-05-2013, 09:57 AM   #50

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
I would isolate the two batteries and check the voltage .If you have 2 - 6 volt batteries in series or 2-12volt batteries in parallel and one battery is bad the good battery sees the bad battery as a load dropping the voltage
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:18 PM   #51

New Jersey
Thank you!
Old 07-05-2013, 02:59 PM   #52

Name: M
Trailer: Influx
Usa
Marta, So sorry to hear that you are dealing with some issues with leaking and power right before your planned trip. All those appliances, lights, water pump, fan run off the 12v, and a reading of 1.8 definitely indicates that your batteries aren't charging. You mention, having just pulled the trailer out of storage, so in addition to everyone's suggestion to check that your converter is functioning, is to also have the RV techs check on the batteries themselves. After having our trailer in storage for about 5 months, we had the "near-catastrophic" battery failure with gas and fluids venting internally, during a camp out.
Mimi Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:02 PM   #53

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
I know less about electricity than just about anything else, but one thing I have learned about trailers is:

Many, many problems associated with electrical malfunctions on a rig that was fine the last time it was used can be traced to bad/insufficient ground.

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:15 PM   #54

Name: Tim
Trailer: 2006 Casita
New York
If you leave your battery/batteries in the trailer for a extended period of time, your LP detector will after a while run your battery down to dead. You either have to put a charger/maintainer on the battery inside, or take the battery out and put on a charger/maintainer. You have to keep these batteries charged up to keep them in good condition. I would test the batteries like Steve mentioned, he knows as he is The Electric Man. Or take them out and take them somewhere to have checked.
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:21 PM   #55

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wood View Post
If you leave your battery/batteries in the trailer for a extended period of time, your LP detector will after a while run your battery down to dead. You either have to put a charger/maintainer on the battery inside, or take the battery out and put on a charger/maintainer. You have to keep these batteries charged up to keep them in good condition. I would test the batteries like Steve mentioned, he knows as he is The Electric Man. Or take them out and take them somewhere to have checked.
Batteries have an internal resistance the will "self discharge" over time. The discharge time whether a propane detector is connected or not is very close to same time. That said it's a good idea to keep a maintainer connected when the trailer is not in use. It does two things, 1) keeps the battery charged, 2) most have a desulfate mode that prolongs battery life.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:09 PM   #56

New York
Here is another thing I just thought of. A Optima battery if run down too far, will not charge up with a regular battery charger. You will have to take it to a battery place that sells/services Optima batteries. I would call Jim from Optima battery and tell him about your problem when and if you find out its your batteries. He will have you take the batteries to the store near you and they will charge it with their special charger. He will call the store and set it up for you if one is near your location. Ask me how I know.
Byron that is true but my point is with a draw on it , it will be that much sooner.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:24 PM   #57

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
For Mimi and Martica,
Don't know if it will of any use but here is how to check your battery drain in storage. Starts at the video 12:00 mark. It helped me out so I'm just passing it along.
Rollin' On Tv Episode 2013-18 - YouTube
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:30 PM   #58

New York
Ken, Good info on that link. I do some things like him but a little different. When I put my battery into its new vented box, I fused it at the battery. So now when the trailer isn't being used I pull the fuse, and plug my battery tender into a cig. lighter connection that I also put @ the battery. Now there is nothing to drain on the battery as its being charged/maintained. Anyway thanks for the link.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:58 PM   #59

Name: M
Trailer: Influx
Usa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
For Mimi and Martica,
Don't know if it will of any use but here is how to check your battery drain in storage. Starts at the video 12:00 mark. It helped me out so I'm just passing it along.
Rollin' On Tv Episode 2013-18 - YouTube
Thanks for the share Ken. We also put in a fuse switch right at the battery to eliminate parasitic draw after our issues a couple months back. Always open to learning more and other tips. Thanks much!
Mimi Lee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner