Help! Sink, fridge, furnace - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-27-2012, 07:19 PM   #15
Name: Dave
Trailer: Trillium
Newfoundland & Labrador
Sink or swear

All references are made while looking at the cabinet from the front.
I had a helper with small hands and arms. We popped the 110V wall plug out of its position on the upper, left hand side of the sink/stove/fridge cabinet [near the wall] and she was able to turn the clamp screw with a pair of vice grips by reaching through the hole. The vice grip had to be placed in position on top of the metal plate [a heat diffuser?] that is above the pipes by reaching wa-a-a-a-y back in behind the sink through the stove top hole. Closing the grips on the bolt head was done by guess and by God. It was a long, slow process and arm protection [long sleeve] was required.
Even after the clamps were removed the clamp brackets on the sink jammed against the sides of the hole and had to be worked through with wide screwdrivers as levers. I will use a rasp to open up the hole [notches] in line with the brackets before the sink is replaced.
It appears that the sink was installed in the cabinet before it was attached to the side wall and that no one considered the possibility that something might have to removed. Or maybe no one thought that the rig [like the Westy] would last this long.
Thanks for the help, the links and the sympathy.
Scouter Dave

Embark upon this journey with enthusiasm and eagerness.
If we were expected to remain in one place we would have been created with roots
Scouter Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:24 AM   #16
Name: Ron
Trailer: Trillium 13 ft (green grape)
If the engineers that designed these things had to rework them I'm sure the designd would be much different.

RRJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:26 AM   #17
Name: I.
Trailer: Trillium

Have I missed something. I have nothing in my manuals regarding this. So.......

Your talking about a manual for your 1976 trillium.
Is it a technical manual ?? If so can you tell please me where you got the manual.
The manual in the document section ,have only basic owners instructions.
x2uol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:18 AM   #18
Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
There is no manual for this stuff. That is why this web site is so helpful, (necessary).

David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote

fridge, furnace