Help with a 13' Casita sagging in the rear - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-11-2006, 10:49 AM   #1
Cliff in SAV
I just picked up a 1993 13' Casita. It needs some work on the fiberglass on the bottom rear of the trailer. Is there any way to just lift the rear of the shell maybe 2" off the frame in the rear?
I am guessing I will have to replace all the flooring and fiberglass under the raised dinette. This is probably why the back of the shell is drooping over the frame. Has anyone experienced this problem. This is more than just a soggy floor. I am pretty handy with tools but wondering if I will be able to get enough bond with the sides to support them with a new floor using just fiberglass matting. It looks like the previous owner just laid plywood over the existing (bad) floor and I did not want to start tearing out everything unless I knew I could fix it.
Thanks in Advance
Old 07-11-2006, 12:39 PM   #2
Name: Lorene
Trailer: 1993 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe (a true 'Dream House'!)
Welcome, Cliff!
Congratulations on your new egg!

I know nothing about drooping backsides but there are some soggy bottom boys and girls here who really can help.

Go find a camera because we LOVE pictures!

Hope to see you on the road soon

Lorene W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 01:57 PM   #3
Trailer: Casita 17 ft 2004

Glad you found us. I did not have the problem you do with your new egg. I am sure someone will be along soon to help you out. Just wanted to welcome a GA neighbor and say congratts!!!!!!! I come to Tybee some to camp, maybe we can meet up when you are ready.
Susan Tiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 11:39 PM   #4
Trailer: Bigfoot 13 ft
We had the drooping backside problem in our Lil' Bigfoot. What caused ours was a wet and rotten floor that had come unglued from the underlying fiberglass (and of course the trailer stops a foot short of the egg's bottom; why, I don't know!). After we removed the old floor and recut the plywood we applied glue and then used a piece of plywood and 2 jacks to push the trailer bottom up against the new floor. We did it in 3 sections and left the jacks/plywood in place for 24 hours to allow the glue to cure.

Our floor was rotten because we had leaks at all 4 windows (working on those now), around the door, all around the bellyband, from every pipe perforation, and through the roof vent - hopefully yours will be a simpler problem to solve.

Good luck.
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote