I think it may have been my range hood "mod" you're recalling. I didn't like the factory installed one. It just looked too big and clunky for this small of a galley area. I used a Wearever aluminum baking sheet (approx. 13" X 17"). I cut the back lip off so that it fit flush with the front face of the overhead cabinet, spray painted (primer and gloss white), drilled and riveted it in place, and sealed all the edges with white silicone sealant. I replaced the original vent fan (integral with the original range hood) with two 12 volt dc pancake computer fans. To wire the fans, I utilized the existing 12 volt wiring from the original light
fixture of the original hood. The switch (right side of overhead cabinet) is just a simple on/off toggle switch. The fans work good and you can barely hear them when running. It really opened up the galley area considerably.
Yes! That's perfect! I probably have some leftover computer cases (with fans intact) I can use! AND the fans can't be more than 3 inches wide- works perfect! Very inventive!