Hooking up the Play Pac-trailer lights?????? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-20-2011, 09:06 AM   #29

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
Byron, I have made a few calls. Either nobody wants to touch it, they say it's simple I can do it, or they want to charge a ridiculous amount..... Gotto love loving in a small town. Not to mention the state has scheduled an inspection for Tuesday. If I miss it I have to pay $150 fee to reschedule.

I believe these people are pretty close to you. The Trailer Connection
Good luck.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:15 AM   #30

Name: Meghan
Trailer: Play Pac
New York
Registry
They are. I have called them several times and left a bunch of messages. We drove there yesterday after calling their one phone number to see if we could find out when they are open. We got there to see no hours posted on the door either, but we called and got their hours from another number. So we will be there again today. Based on peeking in the window they only sell utility trailers and don't carry stock.
My neighbor two doors down is a rv sales and supply store. He dosent return my calls and the one he did, he made it clear what he wants nothing to do with old" crap" there is a big place 30 min away. They want to charge $900 to install- not purchase an awning. I am not having alot of luck with this project

Old 07-20-2011, 10:47 AM   #31

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
They are. I have called them several times and left a bunch of messages. We drove there yesterday after calling their one phone number to see if we could find out when they are open. We got there to see no hours posted on the door either, but we called and got their hours from another number. So we will be there again today. Based on peeking in the window they only sell utility trailers and don't carry stock.
My neighbor two doors down is a rv sales and supply store. He dosent return my calls and the one he did, he made it clear what he wants nothing to do with old" crap" there is a big place 30 min away. They want to charge $900 to install- not purchase an awning. I am not having alot of luck with this project
There hours are posted on their web site. I've had work done by utility trailer companies and been quite satisfied. However, an awning is a different matter.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:56 AM   #32

New York
Registry
Cool Thanks! We have their hours now and I sent my guy down to talk to them. My ex and dad do this kind of thing all the time. I cant see paying someone $10-30 an hour to attach new fixtures. It is a wire and fixture, not too complicated. I just need to find someone who can answer questions because they have done this before. I know people get all kinds of great advice here and do things way above my head just on people helping them out and giving advice. I have alot to do with this camper and I am so thankful for all the great people who help people out here
Old 07-20-2011, 05:53 PM   #33

New York
Registry
Update: "trailer connection" said they can't help us because they don't deal with campers. We have power to brakes and they say the right bulb, but still no light. We did the electric conducting paste stuff ( I forget what it was above) and still nothing . Any new ideas???
Old 07-20-2011, 06:21 PM   #34

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Update: "trailer connection" said they can't help us because they don't deal with campers. We have power to brakes and they say the right bulb, but still no light. We did the electric conducting paste stuff ( I forget what it was above) and still nothing . Any new ideas???
Do you mean power to the brakes (blue wire in trailer harness, or power to the brake/tail lights (brown and red wires in trailer harness)???

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:29 PM   #35

New York
Registry
I am sorry... I did mean brake LIGHTS.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:21 PM   #36

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Do you have brakes on the Play Pac? If not then use the 4 way adapter. You are trying to convert a 4 way to a 7 way and I do not think it will work, and if you do not have brakes not needed. Does play pac have a 4 way and your tow a 7 way? Is this what you are trying to connect?
Old 07-20-2011, 08:23 PM   #37

New York
Registry
I do have brakes- (not using them yet) the camper has 7 pin and my van is only 4 pin. Hence the adaptor
Old 07-20-2011, 08:28 PM   #38

New York
Registry
There is power to the brake lights and some of the marker lights, some markers work and have power some dont and some that test on multi meter for having power won't light the new bulb. The brake lights test on the multi meter for having power but the light bulbs won't light. Power is getting to them.....
Old 07-20-2011, 08:30 PM   #39

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
What you are trying to do will not work. You need a 7 pin connector installed on your tow vehicle. Do you have a brake controller installed on your tow vehicle? The 7 pin on your tow will incorporate the electric brakes to your trailer.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:42 PM   #40

New York
Registry
My tow vehicle has a 4 pin connector... do I have to hire someone to rewire my van just to have directionals to pass inspection?
Old 07-20-2011, 08:44 PM   #41

New York
Registry
Sorry I should clarify: i should rewire the van just to have tail light/ brakelights/ directionals on the camper???
Old 07-20-2011, 09:21 PM   #42

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
What you are trying to do will not work. You need a 7 pin connector installed on your tow vehicle. Do you have a brake controller installed on your tow vehicle? The 7 pin on your tow will incorporate the electric brakes to your trailer.
What she's trying to do can work, Jim- if you go back early in the thread you'll see that she's got an adapter that will do what she wants it to do -IF it's wired like the play-pac's 7-pin connector.
All she needs right now is stop, turn, and taillights.
She says the tug's four-pin has been used before, so the power is there.
It's really a simple thing, but at this distance it's hard to visualize what the problem is.

Francesca

Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lights