Hot Water tank done...split wide open - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2009, 01:08 PM   #1

Trailer: Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
The tank on my Atwood G6A-7 is split on my recently aquired Bigfoot CB17. I figured before I replaced it(new G6A-7 about 250 shipped) I would ask for opinions on options for this replacement. The whole thing is not much more $ than the replacement tank alone. Are there any alternatives out there for me??
DwayneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:38 PM   #2

Trailer: 84 16 ft Scamp
This is probably not the answer you are looking for, but do you really need and want a hot water tank?

Twenty years ago, we bought a 26ft Avion that had spent several winters parked under the trees without being winterized as the original owner had developed a serious health condition. The price reflected this fact and I was not surprised to find tank seams split and copper tubing split from freezing. We did retain the cold water system, but deleted the hot.

After many interesting and fun trips while our kids were still home and now that we are retired, we have used our Scamp to explore the southwest. We are planning to re-fit the Avion for just the two of us to winter at some of the places that have interested us. However, a hot water tank is not in the planning. We never missed it.
Loren G. Hedahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 03:17 AM   #3

Trailer: Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
thanks for that, but yes I really need and want a hot water tank. I've moved up from the Lil' Bigfoot, and now I've got a SHOWER. We'll be having a hot shower thanks. Did I say SHOWER.
DwayneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:28 AM   #4

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: DwayneR...We have anEscape 5.0. Reace installed a 6 Gal. Suburban Dual Fuel water heater in our trailer. Model #SW6DE. When camping with elect. hookup we use it that way...takes about 20 min to heat up. If dry camping then we use the propane. I don't think the unit was much more to buy and no larger in size!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie p.s. it was bought at a supply dealer in Abbotsford I believe. You could call Escape in Chilliwack 604-703-1650 to ask???
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote