How & Where to install a TV in Scamp - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-20-2012, 01:29 PM   #15
Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Swivel mount on aft driver's side upper locker. Can see in bed; wife can see from her seat in front dinette. I can also if I sit in her seat. "Ancient" antenna (probably at least 10 yrs. old) with plastic shell that looks like the starship Enterprise; signal booster under the sink; co-ax and co-ax thru hulls.

rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:23 PM   #16
Name: Pat
Trailer: 1999 Scamp
Thanks for the warm Welcome Donna. You're right! I see a lot of suggestions here. Thanks!

Pat Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:25 PM   #17
Name: Pat
Trailer: 1999 Scamp

Originally Posted by john warren View Post
two other options,,, a lap top computer or a portable dvd player.
both can play movies for you and no worries about an antenna.
I wondered about this too. Might be the cheapest and easiest right now. Thanks.
Pat Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:06 AM   #18
Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Originally Posted by Pat Phil View Post
I wondered about this too. Might be the cheapest and easiest right now. Thanks.
ok heres what i found out.
first wifey decided to get her a new laptop,,,so thats one less choice i had to make,,,,lol.
but! this is the cool part.
it has wifi of course. we can watch videos, listen to music and play with travel pictures we take and do all the normal computer stuff. plus. wifi connections are easy to find while traveling. truck stops have them, you can pull into the parking lot of a hotel and hook in, you can go to many restraunts and such and even schools and colleges have hot spots,,,and of course any coffee shop.
can't connect in the woods of course. but eventualy you will go into town for groceries or something.
one more thing we found while traveling last week, some hotel chains are now instaling r.v. pads. the place we stopped in walker minn. on our way to get our scamp had about 24 pads. nice patio,complete hookup. even a pretty yard light. ideal for when your going somewhere and need a spot to spend the night.
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:25 AM   #19
Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Originally Posted by Pat Phil View Post
I just bought a 1999 16ft Scamp. I would like a small flatscreen TV in it. Any advice for what location works best? Will I need to add a wood post to attach a swing arm to? What things/parts do I need to make a TV work inside my camper? Will it work without an attenna on top? I am completely new to all this as you can see. Any advice. Thanks so much!
We attached ours to the side of the tower on the dinette side, it has a handmade bracket which allows for a 180 degree swing so that it can be viewed from any place in the camper.
Here's what it looks like...
Attached Thumbnails

floyd is online now   Reply With Quote