Old 01-04-2014, 08:43 AM   #15

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
... 4-bolt wheels, you will need a bracket with two mounting bolts instead of the three shown in the late model Scamp part.

They do make a ready made bumper mount bracket, but it would require bumper modification braced to an extra frame crossmember.
My Fiber Stream uses 4-bolt wheels, and it is raised for extra ground clearance, so a below frame spare mount works for me using one of the simple brackets Floyd mentioned. It is quite long in that the bracket was designed to go around a 4" hollow bumper in addition to through the tire's lug holes.
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0359.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	232.8 KB
ID:	67391 Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0360.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	273.5 KB
ID:	67392

It's just a U-bolt with 2 lug nuts. After these pictures were taken I had it welded to the center frame member, though it functions without being welded.

Old 05-17-2018, 10:23 AM   #16

Name: Thomas
Trailer: Trillium 1300 1973
Alberta
Hello Thinh
Thanks for the photos of your Trillium 1300 frame. I know my inquiry was not about the spare tire mount but somehow that is what the discussion thread went to.
I am interested more in your frame photos. It looks very different than my 1973. Yours looks like the back section has been modified to fit your trailing arm suspension.
With my original frame I have opted to keep the leading arm configuration on my new axle.
That way the axle fits the frame and the wheels will line up with the wheel wells.
I will post updates as the project progresses.

Tom Jefferies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 11:25 AM   #17

Name: Randy
Trailer: 1980Trillium 1300
Ontario
Frame of Trill 1300 b4 and after

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Jefferies View Post
Hello Thinh
Thanks for the photos of your Trillium 1300 frame. I know my inquiry was not about the spare tire mount but somehow that is what the discussion thread went to.
I am interested more in your frame photos. It looks very different than my 1973. Yours looks like the back section has been modified to fit your trailing arm suspension.
With my original frame I have opted to keep the leading arm configuration on my new axle.
That way the axle fits the frame and the wheels will line up with the wheel wells.
..For your references:

New To Me Trillium
Thinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 12:31 PM   #18

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Jefferies View Post
Hello Thinh
Tom, You have a very unique frame on your Trillium. I have come across other leading swing arm suspensions on a Trillium. They were all made of bent plate welded in pieces, none, other then yours has a bent 3x2 square tube member to transition from the kitchen floor to the dinette floor. The vast majority of them have two 3x2 square tubes that are stacked and welded together. The mold of your trailers lower half would have been unique to that frame, since the transition is sloped vs. the sharp, square transition that almost every other Trillium has.

I personally have one of the bent plate frames, and a couple of the square tube frames. I will try to get pictures of them tonight.

I am hoping I can convince you to add your trailer to the Trillium serial number list:
Serial numbers on a Trillium

That way your frame design can be put into context with the other designs.

There are also earlier designs that, I think, used 3x3 square tube, and the rear bumper was a bolt on design.

I have attached a picture of your frame, from your album, for comparison to the pictures I plan to post.

I have also attached a couple of drawing of a Trillium 4500 frame, that I posted in this thread:
Increasing the carrying capacity of a Trillium
This shows the more common kitchen floor to dinette floor transition.
Attached Thumbnails
Tom Jefferies Trillium 1300 Frame.jpg   Trillium 4500 Frame Drawing Back.jpg  

Trillium 4500 Frame Drawing Front.jpg  

David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote