How do I install a Fantastic Fan? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2013, 10:39 PM   #1

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft
Registry
How do I install a Fantastic Fan?

I have a 2011 Scamp 13 with a roof top air conditioning. I want to install a Fantastic Fan behind the AC unit.

Inside I have the rear cabinet. Has anyone done this before?

Which fan do I get Hi or low profile?

Thanks

Bill
BillE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:31 AM   #2

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillE View Post
I have a 2011 Scamp 13 with a roof top air conditioning. I want to install a Fantastic Fan behind the AC unit.

Inside I have the rear cabinet. Has anyone done this before?

Which fan do I get Hi or low profile?

Thanks

Bill
Hi BillE...Do your self a favour and Install a MaxxFan... We did. It's a much better unit IMHO. Here's some pics.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
MaxxFan open.jpg   MaxxFan Finished.jpg  

Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:40 AM   #3

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: BillE... I cut 2- 3/4" plywood rings and installed them inside the fiberglass...under the liner. I worked on a sunny hot day so the glue was pliable. First ring accepts the S/S screws from the fan shroud. The next ring attaches to it to accept the trim cowl. This cowl can be cut to fit the depth required. I fished the wires to the upper kitchen cabinette for 12V power.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
clamp ring in.jpg   MaxxFan Mod.jpg  

Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:31 AM   #4

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
I took out the light over the rear table and cut the hole there and used the wiring that the light used for the fan. Make sure when you cut the rat fur you dont cut too much away - you want to make sure you have enough to fit back under the trim you use on the inside. I used a low profile fan but it still hung down into the trailer a little so I just added a wood trim piece around it on the inside to match the one on Scamps escape hatch. Not perfect as it does come down about a 1/2" inch but as it over the middle of the table so no ones is going to hit their head on it. Used Butyl tape to mount it flush on the outside.

If I was to do it again I would make sure which ever brand of fan I purchased had more than 3 speeds and that it had the auto closing feature in the event of rain.
Attached Thumbnails
2009-04-29_017.jpg   P1000824.jpg  

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote