How do I make my Silver Cloud shiny? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-19-2016, 07:52 AM   #15
Name: Walter
Trailer: 2002 BigFoot 17'
SW Virginia
Cindy. Let us know how you like the Poli glow, and thanks for including the year and model of your trailer. It really helps our perspective. I encourage everyone to do that.

Past owner of 1995 13' Casita, 1994 16' Casita, 2012 Parkliner.
Current owner of 2002 17' Bigfoot
WaltP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:34 AM   #16
Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Thanks, Walt. The only FB camper we have owned that I can remember the year. We doubt much has been done to remove oxidation over the years.

1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud, "The Egg Carton"
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:38 AM   #17
Commercial Member
Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Not sure Cindy if you are using Zep or polyglow, my take on it is that polyglow is nothing more than an expensive version of Zep same basic ingredients but a lot less for a lot more but I may be wrong as I have never tried polyglow.
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 07:48 PM   #18
Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Yes, we know that Poliglow is almost the same thing as Zep. We decided to make at least the first coats be something made for fiberglass specifically.

The back side of the camper is sure white where I washed it. The side light that I took of and cleaned is much brighter than the one I did not clean. Maybe there will be a night that we can drop by the public parking and shine up the part I cleaned sometime. If not, Kevin plans to work on it Sunday again.

The honking ProPride hitch that Kevin put on to help with sway seems to change the way it feels behind the Expedition, at least driving it to the parking facility. Of course, we need to take it out onto a freeway or interstate to really see how it works, but it seems to make the tow vehicle and camper be one unit. Sure hope so. It might allow me to spell Kevin driving a bit. My hands won't allow the muscling of the camper to stop the sway with the old hitch, which also was supposed to designed help with sway. Not much!

1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud, "The Egg Carton"
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote