I have been messing with this problem longer than anything else in my whole restoration project! I too caulked it, but it took many many layers to fill in the entire gap. And white caulk- that is definately an eye sore as the ensolite is not white and the caulk is way to bright! Next, I tried almond caulk- that was too dark. I tried painting
the caulk to match the ensolite, I am usually very good at color matching but not this time. I still can not figure out EXCATLY what color that ensolite is! Then I found caulk called BISCUIT. It looked like a cross between white and almond- bought it, tried it, but it was just a fancy name for white. I then bought some paint that seemed to be right color (again) and tried just stamping it on with a sponge to cover the caulk and feather it out some so it wasn't so noticeable. That didn't work either. Then I cut a chunk of the ensolite off from under the sink area and took it to WalMArt with me to look for another paint color. Found what looked to be perfect, bought it, tried it, and had another failure. Then I thought that maybe what was such an eyesore was the texture, not just the color, so I put on a fresh thin layer of caulk and used my ensolite swatch to texture it. Nope. I have mixed texture additive to paint to try to match this stuff too- again, failure. Then I found a nice off white textured Krylon spray paint and tried that. Why is the paint NEVER the color of the cap? Failure, again. Yesterday I decided that if I could not match it, then I was going to use weatherstripping to cover the seams cause it is good and sticky! Well, with all that caulk and expiremental paint it did not stick at all!
SO.. this is what I have decided to do- I am taking a fresh ensolite swatch to Home Depot and have them color match it and make me up a quart. I am then going to mask off the seams so they are all the same consistent width and paint them. I know nothing is going to match perfectly, so I figure a nice straight, even, line is better than what I have now. If I had it to do over again, I would have caulked and painted the entire thing, but I was nervous about painting
it in the beginning and now I am too lazy to remove everything and paint it! Of course now that I think about it, for all of the time I have wasted trying to match the seams, I could have emptied the entire trailer, painted it, restocked it and still had time left over!!!!