How is ParkLiner doing? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2013, 01:01 PM   #1

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
How is ParkLiner doing?

Has anybody been at the plant lately? How are they doing? Fully staffed? Trailers still being made? I can't get any feel for how they're doing from either their website or Facebook page. We sure like their design and hope to get one!

Thanks!

Frank
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:07 PM   #2

Trailer: Bigfoot 17 ft (15B17G)
Call them?
Dave_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:10 PM   #3

New York
I was hoping someone may have been at the plant and could report. From what lots of folks have said, calls tend not to get answered and messages don't get returned. Their Facebook page has had nothing posted from the company for a while. I just don't think calling will really answer my basic questions about how things are going there.

Frank
Old 08-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #4

Name: Larry
Trailer: In the market
North Carolina
I was just at the Parkliner plant last Monday.

They have several trailers in production and things looked good.
I talked directly with the owner, Chandler and got an update on the production schedule for a trailer my girlfriend has on order with them.

I will also agree that communication either via phone or email is really limited and discouraging. I also talked with Chandler about that and he suggested that they are just really busy trying to keep on schedule.

Hope this helps some.

Larry
LarryWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:25 PM   #5

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
I wish them the best but they really need someone there who answers the phones and email...or ppl will not be wanting to place orders if they can't answer questions

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:55 PM   #6

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Escape 19 and Escape 15B
Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
I wish them the best but they really need someone there who answers the phones and email...or ppl will not be wanting to place orders if they can't answer questions
If they are having a difficult time keeping up with orders now, they are probably concerned that if they improve customer service, they will have more orders than they could handle.

"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." - Yogi Berra
Ice-breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:23 PM   #7

Name: Charles
Trailer: Parkliner
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
Has anybody been at the plant lately? How are they doing? Fully staffed? Trailers still being made? I can't get any feel for how they're doing from either their website or Facebook page. We sure like their design and hope to get one!

Thanks!

Frank
I live in Greensboro, 15 miles from the plant, and picked up my Parkliner in July. I was last there on Wednesday of this week. Chandler has a delivery going out on Monday and several other trailers in various stages of construction. They are VERY busy which is a good thing! I know Chandler is very concerned that he is unable to answer all the inquiries. He personally is working 12-14 hour days and they have a significant backlog of orders. This is not unusual for a startup operation and I feel certain that as his business matures and profitability increases that he will be in more of a position to hire staff just for customer service. He has a young man working for him now, Cameron, that is very personable and from my perspective is doing a good job...but he is working only 20 hours a week since he is in college locally. Chandler and crew are focused on building a really neat and high quality camping trailer. While difficult as a customer, we need to realize he is running right now as fast as he can, given current level of resources and profitability. IMO this is a great trailer, manufactured by good folks who are building what I believe will be a great business. I am told that the magazine Business in North Carolina is doing a feature article on the company in the August or September edition. Hopefully Parkliner will post it on their website or Facebook page. BTW, I LOVE the trailer. So far have spent 4 nights in it and am getting lots of inquiries at the two campsites where I stayed.
Lin in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:27 PM   #8

New York
Boy, this is all great to hear. We can't afford even the down payment right now, but should within a few months for a spring 2014 delivery.

Thanks to all for the replies. It is just what I was looking for. You have no idea how much I wish I could just send a check in now and be part of the reason ParkLiner survives!

Frank
Old 08-02-2013, 04:26 PM   #9

Name: Miranda
Trailer: None
South Dakota
Congratulations to those who have Parkliners! I was very impressed after watching youtube videos and checking their website. It is such a well thought out product with excellent space utilization besides the trailer having such smooth lines in such a small nimble package. Chandler and his staff must be working their tails off getting the company off the ground. It's one of the eggs I'm considering also. I wish them the best!
Dakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:03 PM   #10

New York
They are very impressive trailers, no question about it. Very well thought out, and "fixes" a lot of "problems" in other eggs. Like having a queen size bed! We love them, and are very glad to hear these positive reports.

Frank
Old 08-03-2013, 07:12 AM   #11

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryWilliams View Post
I will also agree that communication either via phone or email is really limited and discouraging. I also talked with Chandler about that and he suggested that they are just really busy trying to keep on schedule.

Hope this helps some.

Larry
Something's afoot in this technology rich age. Aren't we having this EXACT same discussion about Scamp?????????????
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 07:50 AM   #12

New York
Apparently from what I read in another thread here Donna. It's funny, because Scamp has been around 30 years, ParkLiner what, two?

I started this thread because we would very much like a ParkLiner, but we just bought a brand new tug and while not broke by any means, it will be a month or maybe two before I come up with the deposit. We don't need a travel trailer till Spring '14, so hopefully things will work out, and ParkLiner will be in business for many, many more years. Maybe their advancements in design and space will light some fires in older egg companies...

Frank
Old 08-03-2013, 07:43 PM   #13

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Thumbs up

Hi Frank and best wishes on your EggVenture with whatever egg you end up with. Cari & I are quite pleased with our Parkliner and as i've mentioned elsewhere we still pinch ourselves when inside. I spent the afternoon inside doing some tweaking and also read on my kindle. It is such a fun atmosphere inside...and we get honks and lookEloos when on the road : )

On communique'? Yes on what everyone said! I left a voice mail last week and have yet to get a response. Busy is a good thing?

Cheers,
thom
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:31 PM   #14

New York
We're off on a little adventure tomorrow Thom. Gonna go look at a ParkLiner about 3 hours from home. First trip outside of work in the new Escape we bought Tuesday. Spent the day taping it off and sealing the paint. Took the dealer sticker off and their plate surrounds, and re-mounted the front plate that was off horizontal. Sheesh! Too the top crossbars off too, figure that will gain me a mile or two per gallon. We're gonna have a real good idea what egg we end up with after tomorrow I think...

Cheers to you guys!

Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by accrete View Post
Hi Frank and best wishes on your EggVenture with whatever egg you end up with. Cari & I are quite pleased with our Parkliner and as i've mentioned elsewhere we still pinch ourselves when inside. I spent the afternoon inside doing some tweaking and also read on my kindle. It is such a fun atmosphere inside...and we get honks and lookEloos when on the road : )

On communique'? Yes on what everyone said! I left a voice mail last week and have yet to get a response. Busy is a good thing?

Cheers,
thom
Old 08-09-2013, 04:46 AM   #15

Name: Polly
Trailer: None
North Carolina
Thumbs Up for Park Liner

We were pleased that when we changed our minds late in the game, Chandler refunded our deposit. We had always wanted a Class B or B+, but got distracted by the innovative design and affordability of a new Park Liner, compared to a Class B. Anyway, when we got cold feet, Chandler refunded our entire deposit. We wish him well.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:58 AM   #16

New York
Only way I would get a motorized camper Pauline is if I was gonna drive it at least once a month. Never good to have something with a motor you don't use often. Being working stiffs, it's a travel trailer for us. Heck, I run the big house generator every month just to keep it in shape, and I always use ethanol additive for all my power equipment. Problem with stuff sitting around is that seals dry out, and if you're not sitting on concrete when the unit is not being used, rust is a problem.

Having said that, I think it is a good and positive recommendation for ParkLiner that they refunded your entire deposit. We're hoping to send ours in sometime soon!

Good luck with whatever you guys do.

Frank
Old 08-09-2013, 08:27 AM   #17

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
on the class B/B+ rigs...
I agree w/Frank's take on having one only if it was going to be used frequently to keep motor and systems happy. I suppose you could say our full size Chevy AWD van conversion is now at least a "B" : ) and it is driven every work day to/from our place at the golf course ~4 miles into town where we both work at the local costco. It is a 2010 and now has a whopping ~17K miles on it.

On the future for us? I'm seriously pondering the idea of selling the Chevy at some point and getting a totally stock RAM Promaster maybe in 4 or so years and keeping the rig entirely stock outside and have no indication that it is a class B rig inside for stealth camping.

Best wishes on your adventures with or without some fiberglass in the design.

Thom
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:40 AM   #18

New York
I want to get a ParkLiner in part just so I can take a bunch of pics and it's not always Thom's pics up top!

Frank
Old 08-11-2013, 11:15 AM   #19

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Parkliner pix

Hi Frank,
Just thought I'd post a couple shots of our PL at the Sacandaga campground in the southern Adirondacks around the end of June. Tim and Rita gave us our original tour, too. Great ambassadors, aren't they!
Attached Thumbnails
campsite daytime.jpg   campsite riverside.jpg  

camsite evening.jpg  

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:31 AM   #20

New York
Looks good Brian. Yes, Tim & Rita are great ambassadors! We sure enjoyed meeting them and taking a look at their ParkLiner. Not much I would change when we get one, but a few things...

Enjoy!

Frank

Tags
parkliner