How many yards of fabric for Trillium 4500 windows? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2006, 06:38 AM   #1

Trailer: 1980 Trillium 4500 Deluxe / 2008 Toyota Tacoma 4x2 Access cab 2.7l
So if anyone has made curtains for their trillium 4500's (not counting the little door window or over the stove) four main windows, just how man yards of fabric was required? Have pretty much picked out the design, just the amounts now. No valance just simple rod panels. Paddy
Paddy Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 07:44 PM   #2

Name: Tom Young
Trailer: Trillium Manufacturing
Arizona
Paddy: 5 - 8 yards, depending on the curtain design, and width of the materail.

Tom
TrilliumRV.com
TomA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 09:14 AM   #3

Trailer: Love Bug 1974
Quote:
So if anyone has made curtains for their trillium 4500's (not counting the little door window or over the stove) four main windows, just how man yards of fabric was required? Have pretty much picked out the design, just the amounts now. No valance just simple rod panels. Paddy
Hi, ya, Paddy!

In drapery construction, the rule of thumb is take the width of the window and multiply it by 2 for moderate fullness and x 2.5 or even x3 if the fabric is soft and thinner. In my Lovebug, the fabric is a thin cotton and is about 2x the width of the window. It's alright as it makes it easier for the fabric to remain at the sides. You would probably like to make a velcro tab to keep the fabrics from moving to the center when you wish them open.

If your fabric has a design to it, you need to determine the repeat and add enough so you can match it if needing more than one width.

So, Paddy. Determine the widths that you want, add up the lengths, mulitply the two, voila! That's how much fabric you need.

The short answer, based on the Lovebug, would be 5, and there would be enough left over for pillows.

Cheers!
Gigi
Gigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 10:14 AM   #4

Trailer: 1973 Trillium 13 ft
Depending on how you are hanging the curtains. plan to buy 1 1/2 times the total width for each window. Thid will give you a flat curtain that meets in the middle when closed, but not a lot of curtain to get in the way when they are open.I don't know ifyou sew much, but if not, take this with you to the fabric store and they can help you.

Quickie Curtains
Measure each window from outside edge to outside edge and from the top of the rod to where you want the bottom of the curtain to be. Don't assume any 2 windows to be exactly the same size!!!!

Add all of the window widths together and multiply by 1.5. This is the total yardage. Be sure that the fabric is wide enough to cover the window from top to bottom with at least 3 inches to spare for the rod pocket.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	3265

After you cut each curtain, hem each of the cut sides of the curtain double fold of 1/4 inch
and stitch.
After hemming the sides, fold the top edge under 1/2 " and press. Fold down again 1.1/4 " and run a seam along edge. Their should be a narrow pocket formed at the top of the curtain into which you slide the rod.
Patricia Baxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 04:34 PM   #5

Trailer: Love Bug 1974
Good directions, Patricia. I would add, though, Paddy, that you may want what's called an "header" at the top. This will help keep the sun from filtering through that space between the rod and the wall. If you follow Patricia's instructions, simply make the header 1 or 1.5 inches. I would also allow 1.5 inches for a rod pocket. That's just the rule of thumb in the industry for these size rods.

Have you ever thought about roman shades, Paddy? That's what I'm going to have made for my Lovebug. In fact, I'm going to do two layers, an outer layer of just what you described, rod pocket top, center split, holdbacks with another sheer roman shade behind this to filter out the sun and give privacy without blocking out the sun totally.

Another thing to consider is that you can purchase "block out" lining which is wonderful for insulating any drapery. This is available in different weights and you do want one that is suitable for the fabric you choose. It does add bulk, but, it's wonderful in keeping out the heat or the warmth in.

Good luck! Pictures when you're done!
Gigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 07:35 PM   #6

Trailer: 1980 Trillium 4500 Deluxe / 2008 Toyota Tacoma 4x2 Access cab 2.7l
Wow many thanks, I'm thinking of a man/boy motto like these lures on front and back and the flies on the side windows.
http://www.homestead.com/favoritefab..._tt_lures.html
Paddy Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 08:53 PM   #7

Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft 1982
Send a message via Yahoo to Benita
Quote:
Wow many thanks, I'm thinking of a man/boy motto like these lures on front and back and the flies on the side windows.
http://www.homestead.com/favoritefab..._tt_lures.html
I like your choices. . I'm into colorful.

The lure curtains would go great with cushions covered in the fly fabric.
Benita is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium, windows