How much is a early 80s Uhaul worth? - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-26-2014, 10:32 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Name: Roger
Trailer: Nomad
Nevada
Posts: 118
How much is a early 80s Uhaul worth?

I have been looking around for a early 80s Uhaul 13 footer. What is one going to cost me in very good and clean condition? Havent been on here for a long time been looking around for a Fiber Glass RV but every one I find is spendy. People really hang on to these like there gold!

Thanks in advance!
__________________

__________________
RV NUT CASE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 11:40 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Jon in AZ's Avatar
 
Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Posts: 5,570
Registry
Afraid it's a matter of supply and demand - limited supply and growing demand. Price has more to do with condition and location than age. The two best places to get a handle on prices are the classified archives on this site:
Classified Archives - Fiberglass RV
and at:
Uhaul Campers SOLD | Fiberglass RV's For Sale

If you are willing to consider other makes than U-Haul, you might have a better chance of finding something in good condition, reasonably close, and priced fairly.

And yes, we do love our campers here! Good luck in your egg hunt!
__________________

__________________
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 02:50 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Name: Roger
Trailer: Nomad
Nevada
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Afraid it's a matter of supply and demand - limited supply and growing demand. Price has more to do with condition and location than age. The two best places to get a handle on prices are the classified archives on this site:
Classified Archives - Fiberglass RV
and at:
Uhaul Campers SOLD | Fiberglass RV's For Sale

If you are willing to consider other makes than U-Haul, you might have a better chance of finding something in good condition, reasonably close, and priced fairly.

And yes, we do love our campers here! Good luck in your egg hunt!
Wow it's all over the board I seen some as low as 2000.00 1983 84s and one 84 went for $7,400.00 ! Better hold on to my butt its going to be a rough ride finding one of these resonable I can tell! hahahahah
__________________
RV NUT CASE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 02:52 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Name: Roger
Trailer: Nomad
Nevada
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV NUT CASE View Post
Wow it's all over the board I seen some as low as 2000.00 1983 84s and one 84 went for $7,400.00 ! Better hold on to my butt its going to be a rough ride finding one of these resonable I can tell! hahahahah
Where is my manners? Sorry thanks for taking the time to look that up and reply!

The last time I was on here I sure did meet some really nice people!
__________________
RV NUT CASE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 07:51 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Posts: 4,333
It depends on condition and if the camper has been modified and the common problems repaired. We paid $2000 for ours but it needed work. I would say the average price range for a good one is 5 to 6 thousand. Like many old trailers, they have issues, and many owners/sellers are not aware of them, or in some cases won't reveal them. The Uhaul Facebook group has a list of common problems in the files section at the top of the page, It will help you be a more educated buyer if you find one for sale.
__________________
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 08:21 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Bob Miller's Avatar
 
Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
Posts: 7,912
Many are "Reasonably Priced" ..... for an FGRV.....

I don't know if any makes, for a given time period and condition, are any less expensive, but the Hunters and Campsters are, sometimes, offered at attractive prices by seemingly less savvy sellers.

Basic rule.... Advertised bargains last minutes after being posted.

There is a moderately priced Lil Bigfoot currently listed in Los Angeles Craigslist, but that reposted ad's almost 24 hours old again.
__________________
Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 10:57 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Carol H's Avatar
 
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Posts: 11,731
Registry
Location of the trailer as will the time of year the trailer is on the market will also dictate the pricing of a trailer. From March onwards the prices will climb. In November/December prices often drop as not a lot of folks are trailer shopping at that time. As far as location goes if the trailer is close to a large urban area the price will be higher than one locate in a more remote location due to few folks willing to take the drive to look at the trailer.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 11:27 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
Name: lisa
Trailer: U Haul
Texas
Posts: 1
I paid 2000 last month for mine and found it locally. I was actually looking for a pop up and on a whim looked at this one posted in a for sale FB group. I immediately fell in love with it and paid her 2000 asking price. She was happy and so was I. Never heard of a u haul camper before I bought it. I guess I got lucky. It is in surprisingly good condition and ready for camping. Been on two trips so far and no problems whatsoever.
__________________
lisamc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 12:20 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Name: Roger
Trailer: Nomad
Nevada
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisamc4 View Post
I paid 2000 last month for mine and found it locally. I was actually looking for a pop up and on a whim looked at this one posted in a for sale FB group. I immediately fell in love with it and paid her 2000 asking price. She was happy and so was I. Never heard of a u haul camper before I bought it. I guess I got lucky. It is in surprisingly good condition and ready for camping. Been on two trips so far and no problems whatsoever.
Your dead on what I can afford right now. That is what I would like to pay about 2000 to 2400 needing some work is ok as long as the structure is sound and no cracks or major problems structure wise. I live in Nevada would be willing to drive to Utah or Idaho with in reason to buy one. $2000 would be my sweet spot. I am kind of getting a feel what they are going for now. Now if I could just find one in that price range. Sounds like you got yourself a good deal there congratulations!
__________________
RV NUT CASE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 12:38 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Name: Roger
Trailer: Nomad
Nevada
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
It depends on condition and if the camper has been modified and the common problems repaired. We paid $2000 for ours but it needed work. I would say the average price range for a good one is 5 to 6 thousand. Like many old trailers, they have issues, and many owners/sellers are not aware of them, or in some cases won't reveal them. The Uhaul Facebook group has a list of common problems in the files section at the top of the page, It will help you be a more educated buyer if you find one for sale.
That is good advice I will try and find their page and check it out. I want to know any known issues or problems so I can get educated. Thanks
__________________
RV NUT CASE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 12:52 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Name: Roger
Trailer: Nomad
Nevada
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV NUT CASE View Post
That is good advice I will try and find their page and check it out. I want to know any known issues or problems so I can get educated. Thanks
I tried to find them on Face Book and no cigar. Just found some people on face book with the trailers listing their experences with their U-Hual trailers.
__________________
RV NUT CASE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 12:58 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Bob Miller's Avatar
 
Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
Posts: 7,912
Gotta tell ya... if I saw a half decent U-Haul for $2000, I'd let you know about it, right after I decided to not buy it myself!!! LOL
__________________
Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 12:58 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,434
Facebook U-Haul camper group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/UHaulCamper/
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 02:16 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Name: Roger
Trailer: Nomad
Nevada
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I went on but could not find the files section you were talking about. Thanks for the link and the replies.
__________________

__________________
RV NUT CASE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
uhaul


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Curious as to how much a 74 Perris Pacer is worth? SJTrujillo Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 4 07-05-2015 06:12 PM
AR | SOLD: 17' 80s Casita NEEDS REDO, $1500 debinarkansas Classified Archives 8 11-29-2013 05:26 PM
1972 Cloud - How much is it worth? EddyEd Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 6 09-28-2011 12:15 PM
How much is too much?? Pamela H Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 10 07-04-2008 10:47 AM
How much is your MFRV really worth????? DanPatWork Care and Feeding of Molded Fiberglass Trailers 25 03-25-2008 10:38 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.