I also have a lock in which the tab has broken off. Where did you get the parts kit? I was under the impression that this item was no longer available.
Hello James Kent,
I just saw your response.
After many tries on the 'Net', I decided to start calling local rv suppliers and repair.
My first call resulted in a kit that had been sitting on the shelf forever.
However, some of the parts were not the same. This even though the model number was correct.
There must have been some changes over the years they were produced.
I put in the couple of parts that were the correct ones, including the lock cylinder, and cleaned the rest with Barkeeper's Friend.
I greased everything up pretty well.
The post and locking mechanism that pivots on it are both warn and I put an eclip under the top most washer to tighten things up. I punched the head gently. I applied grease to lubricate, but to also help hold the part in the locked position. I am still looking for my lost tub of especially sticky lubricant (almost like silly putty) to apply at the base of the post.
The lock is functioning for now.