How to find dimensions / measurements / specifications? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Maintenance | Restoration | Modifications | Problem Solving > Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-06-2015, 01:29 PM   #21

Name: Liv
Trailer: currently shopping
Saskatchewan
Janet, sounds like an adventure you've had with your trailer. It sounds like you've enjoyed it, though too
livil54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 01:29 PM   #22

Saskatchewan
Oh I just love those Parkliners <3 Cost is an issue right now, though. Maybe in the future.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:30 PM   #23

Saskatchewan
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
There is also a single axle BigFoot 5th wheel built in the 80's and early 90's that has a huge master bed area and a super floorplan. There was one for sale in OR earlier this year.
Ah we have a Mazda CX9. SUV
Old 07-06-2015, 02:29 PM   #24

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
The Bigfoot 17s might be close to the towing capacity of your CX-9. They appear to be rated for up to 3500 pounds, properly equipped. A loaded BF 17 from the late 80's era will weigh about 3200 pounds loaded with a tongue weight around 360 pounds. I got those numbers from the spreadsheet in post #197 of the Trailer Weights thread. You'll have to check your owner's manual to see what it says about towing capacities and required equipment on your vehicle and trailer.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 02:31 PM   #25

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Greetings from a Sask kid, now in IA

If you want to stay with Canadian made, check out the ESCAPE trailers made in Chilliwack, BC. They include as standard a lot of items that are optional on other brands.
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 02:35 PM   #26

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid View Post
Frank, it's 6'5" at least as evidenced by my wife and nephew
Sid
I heard that Parkliner may not be good in the business/product support area.
Made in North Caroilna? too far to go for a Western Canadian.
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 03:24 PM   #27
Sid

Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Collins View Post
I heard that Parkliner may not be good in the business/product support area.
Made in North Caroilna? too far to go for a Western Canadian.
Sorry, I thought the OP was looking for used.... I think I know of at least one Parkliner still on the market (Deryk?).
Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 04:51 PM   #28

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Not sure if modification is something you would consider but people have used added an extension to use the bed that runs across the back of a Scamp as a lengthwise bed. Sort of an add on table that sits in front of the kitchen/closet that allows one to have a longer bed.

Front bunks will work for kids, at least until they are old enough to demand a tent outside the camper (they get independence you get privacy win/win)

Might use the site search see if I can find any of those. Being 6'1" means I just barely fit the bed length on our pre-fire scamp, so I read those threads with interest but failed to bookmark them. Barely fits means I fit so it was not a priority. But only because the pillow creates a small angle that keeps me from being a straight line across bed.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 05:05 PM   #29

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Here is one that Floyd did. With a few pictures.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ide-57853.html

EggCamper has a 6'7" interior height and is 88 inches wide according to web site. Not sure what the double walls take out of that 7 feet and leave for the bed. But I'm guessing at least around 6'6" but maybe one of the Egg Camper owners can chime in.

Egg Camper is made in Mich. but this years production is sold so finding one used would be required.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 10:35 PM   #30

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
But the EggCamper only sleeps 3, I think. No option for bunks.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote