How to secure laminate by door - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2010, 07:16 PM   #1

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
How to secure laminate by door

Hi all,

I am so enjoying reading all the posts on this site and greatly appreciate all the lessons shared. I've been searching flooring posts but haven't found anything that answers my specific question.

We're in the process of installing laminate flooring in our Trillium 4500 and find that the edge near the door comes up a little and we're wondering what others have done to finish the edge near the door? We're using quarter round to finish the sides, with a little fiddling for the curves and the edge of the fridge, but I don't think it will work near the door. I'm wondering whether the gap is too wide for caulking too. I'll post a pic shortly after I find my camera and go outside.
Kelly N23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:58 PM   #2

Trailer: 1977 TM14 Surfside / 2007 Toyota Tundra V8 2wd
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly N23 View Post
Hi all,

I am so enjoying reading all the posts on this site and greatly appreciate all the lessons shared. I've been searching flooring posts but haven't found anything that answers my specific question.

We're in the process of installing laminate flooring in our Trillium 4500 and find that the edge near the door comes up a little and we're wondering what others have done to finish the edge near the door? We're using quarter round to finish the sides, with a little fiddling for the curves and the edge of the fridge, but I don't think it will work near the door. I'm wondering whether the gap is too wide for caulking too. I'll post a pic shortly after I find my camera and go outside.
Hi Kelly, I just put Allure TrafficMaster in my trailer 3 weeks ago. I have a flat piece of alluminum that was on the floor when I got it. It's the width of the door and just screws into the plywood under the new flooring. Hope this helps....Marina
Marinab is offline   Reply With Quote