How to sell my Casita bathroom door and cushions? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2019, 01:29 PM   #1

Name: Lisle
Trailer: 2018 Casita Spirit Deiuxe
Massachusetts
Registry
How to sell my Casita bathroom door and cushions?

When I bought my 2018 16' Casita used, the previous owner has installed a cushy foam mattress in the back booth and replaced the bathroom wooden door with an accordion door. Don't know that I would have done these mods, but having compared sleeping on the back booth cushions and on the foam mattress, I decided the mattress works better for me. Would like to sell these items because they really aren't needed - just taking up space in my storage unit. Tried putting them on the classifieds on this site but no luck so far. Any other thoughts on how to sell them?
Lisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 01:54 PM   #2

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
There is a Casita forum, that is the easiest route imho. Google should get you there.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 04:16 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Casita Forum, direct link: https://www.casitaforum.com/invboard/forums/
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 05:09 PM   #4

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
We also removed the bathroom door in our Casita 17, and replaced the rear cushions with a custom mattress from Southern Mattress company. We have the removed items stored in case we ever sell the trailer and a buyer wants them.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 06:00 PM   #5

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisle View Post
When I bought my 2018 16' Casita used, the previous owner has installed a cushy foam mattress in the back booth and replaced the bathroom wooden door with an accordion door. Don't know that I would have done these mods, but having compared sleeping on the back booth cushions and on the foam mattress, I decided the mattress works better for me. Would like to sell these items because they really aren't needed - just taking up space in my storage unit. Tried putting them on the classifieds on this site but no luck so far. Any other thoughts on how to sell them?
I would keep the original items in storage. If you ever sell it or trade it the original cushions and door would be a huge plus. If I look at an RV and things like cushions are missing I walk off or expect a huge price reduction. We took our cushions out, put them in plastic and put them in the storage area above our vehicles in our garage. Some people do not leave the bed as a bed all the time. They like to make up the bed into the table sometimes. As far as the door I would not want an accordion one since they don't close as good as a real door or seal good. So keep it also. I removed my hood and put storage above the stove but the hood is also in storage. I can always put it back in as I did not remove the wiring.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 06:54 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
And then there is the cost of shipping such bulky items.
Old 10-21-2019, 06:43 AM   #7

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
How to sell my Casita bathroom door and cushions?

I agree that keeping them for eventual resale is best. If you absolutely don’t have the space and don’t find a buyer, consider at least keeping and storing the cushion covers.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 05:40 PM   #8

Name: Sandra
Trailer: 2006 EggCamper #35
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
And then there is the cost of shipping such bulky items.
I recently looked into sending the EggCamper cushions to someone doing a refurb. I researched extensively to find shipping costs below 175 dollars and in the end we decided it wasn't worth it.

Upcoming rally has Flea Market - any option like that for you? Good advice on storing vs. re-sale. For us, it's tough to store something like a mattress in Florida without loss of condition.
Old 10-26-2019, 12:17 PM   #9

Name: Dan
Trailer: Casita 17 SD
Florida
Bathroom Door

Doors for cabinets and the bathroom are susceptible to water damage. One in my 1999 17SD just above where someone slept was damaged most likely by water vapor and the bathroom door was also damaged at the bottom. So, if you store the door I would hang it above and not leave it sitting on the concrete floor.

I resolved my issue by making a full set of doors and drawer fronts except for the closet. You can see this mod on the Casitaclub.com modifications forum.
JaxDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 03:40 PM   #10

Name: Pat
Trailer: Casita 17'
California
I had stored the rear dinette seat/back cushions (17’ 2002 Casita SD) wrapped in plastic stored in garage for about 9 years and finally decided to give them away-pickup or I’d ship if they’d pay the shipping. Placed ad in Casita forums. Camper in Washington State responded. I boxed them & shipped from northern Calif via UPS $160
yolofitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 12:19 PM   #11

Name: Bill
New Mexico
Ever try Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace? Have had success with both platforms in selling yard tools and musical instruments.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 07:27 PM   #12

Name: Deb
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD
Arizona
Did you have any luck selling your cushions?

Hello Lisle,

I have a 2018 Casita with nearly new brown swirl colored cushions with zero wear and tear and want to sell them.

I am curious if you sold yours and if yes, for how much did you sell them for if I may ask, and where did you list them for sale?

Thank you,

Deb
Deb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 09:22 AM   #13

Name: Ian
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in AZ View Post
Hello Lisle,

I have a 2018 Casita with nearly new brown swirl colored cushions with zero wear and tear and want to sell them.

I am curious if you sold yours and if yes, for how much did you sell them for if I may ask, and where did you list them for sale?

Deb
Hey Deb,

What model Casita you have, I may be interested if you still have them for sale.

Thanks
Ian

Thank you
Ranma21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 01:26 PM   #14

Name: Lisle
Trailer: 2018 Casita Spirit Deiuxe
Massachusetts
Registry
Hi Deb,

I did sell my cushions. Charged $200 plus the buyer paid the shipping. He suggested I go to a bicycle shop and ask for a bicycle shipping box, which would be large enough dimensions to accommodate them, which I did.

Good luck!

Lisa
Lisle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita