Hunter Compact II table - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2017, 05:49 PM   #1

Name: Jim
Trailer: Hunter Compact II
Texas
Registry
Hunter Compact II table

Does anyone have a picture or the dimensions of the table that goes in a hunter Compact II? My 1974 didn't have one or the hardware.
jmb999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 01:26 PM   #2

Name: Mike
Trailer: Hunter
Ohio
Registry
Compact II Table

Hi, the dimensions of a Compact II table are: 40 1/2" X 29" X 1". There is a bell housing type thing in the center under it that holds the pole up when the table is in use. On the floor is another one for that same pole.
Attached Thumbnails
camper_table_top.jpg   camper_table_side.jpg  

camper_table_bottom.jpg  
Mfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 08:11 PM   #3

Texas
Registry
Thanks for the information. Can you send a picture of the table in the up position? Seems like it might be a tight fit getting seated.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:00 AM   #4

Ohio
Registry
Compact II Table-Upright

Here are a couple pictures of the table in the upright position. It's no different than any boat setup. Yes it's a bit tight but you are not dealing with a 50' RV. It works, I'm not small and I can get in there.
Attached Thumbnails
campertableup1.jpg   campertableup2.jpg  

Old 09-18-2017, 08:26 PM   #5

Texas
Registry
Thanks for sending the pictures. I think I'm going to make my table little smaller so I can get in and sit down easier.
Old 09-18-2017, 08:48 PM   #6

Ohio
Registry
Compact II Table-Upright

Well you have to remember that it swivels so you you can get a pretty big opening. The table has to be this large in order to make the bed. It serves as the platform for the cushions.
Old 09-18-2017, 08:56 PM   #7

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfrost View Post
Well you have to remember that it swivels so you you can get a pretty big opening. The table has to be this large in order to make the bed. It serves as the platform for the cushions.
As long as the table is the correct width to rest on the side rails, you can play with the length by using a filler to support the bed. Casita does that in their FD and SD models, perhaps others.

I believe our Campster used a filler as well but don't know for sure.
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:43 PM   #8

Texas
Registry
I went ahead and did a table 33 inches and will use the cut off piece to fill in. Does anyone know where to get the metal edge molding? I can't locate any.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:23 PM   #9

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
On my Campster, they replaced the molding with a standard laminate edge. If you want to be close to original, you probably will prefer the aluminum edge.

I did a quick Google search and found some at a site for Eagle Molding and at Vintage Trailer supply. The examples at Vintage looked more authentic to my memory and also looked easier to bend around the corners. I didn't pay any attention to price.
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote