I bought a burro sight unseen and am having it towed to me: questions - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2012, 04:44 PM   #41

Name: jen
Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003
Georgia
The bamboo is just amazing looking. Are you saying if I go to Wally World I can buy it (it may actually be made out of plastic looking like bamboo--) and then cut it? Won't there be weird edges then? Should I just put it on top of the carpet, rather than take the carpet off? I have NO idea how to do these things and don't want to mess up. Then what do I put on the edges of the bamboo and what is "hot glue"?

I still think it may be too small but either way, the carpet is not my fave. It does match the floor carpet, true.
jenbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:47 PM   #42

Georgia
PS I see someone else removed their carpet by pulling carefully, and then used mineral spirits to take away the glue. I am rather nervous about that, and if I shampoo the carpet strip along with the cushions and carpet with the rug doctor machine, then maybe, I can just put the bamboo over it. But what do I use on the edges, and also, how do I stick it on? THANKS.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:22 PM   #43

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I wouldn't leave the carpet up there if you plan to cover it. I'd be afraid it would be a lumpy mess.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:27 PM   #44

Trailer: One 13 ft Scamp and One 13 ft Trillium and Two Trillium 4500
When can we see pictures of this jewel????????????
Randy Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:39 AM   #45

Georgia
I dunno Randy. Are you inviting my little donkey over to Alabama run with your herd of Trilliums for the afternoon ;-)
Old 05-22-2012, 08:08 AM   #46

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbooks View Post
The bamboo is just amazing looking. Are you saying if I go to Wally World I can buy it (it may actually be made out of plastic looking like bamboo--) and then cut it? Won't there be weird edges then? Should I just put it on top of the carpet, rather than take the carpet off? I have NO idea how to do these things and don't want to mess up. Then what do I put on the edges of the bamboo and what is "hot glue"?

Just check the label on what you purchase to see if its a plastic or actual bamboo.
In the burro link above that Cindy gave you, Mike gave the instructions as to how he secured it, along with photos. He added a piece of trim down the sides to hide the edges.
I suspect you would be better off to remove the carpet.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:22 AM   #47

Quote:
I dunno Randy. Are you inviting my little donkey over to Alabama run with your herd of Trilliums for the afternoon ;-)

Biring it on it can run with the herd
Old 05-23-2012, 08:21 PM   #48

Georgia
Thanks. I wonder why he glued reflectix first. Is that because bamboo lets air through? It sounds like it's not that hard but...I might screw it up...hmmmm.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:50 PM   #49

Registry
OK Jen now that we know it got to you safe and sound are we ever going to see the trailer???? We love pictures.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:11 AM   #50

Georgia
I am sorry I haven't posted pix yet. I wanted to shampoo the carpet first. But I'll post an outside photo later today.

Re: the carpet up top I'm going to leave it for now. I went to Michael's craft store and got some pretty self adhesive trim but see there is a little lip around the rug strip. So my idea might not work.

I'm not sure our burrito is big enough for us. I have to decide soon. It is amazing though how these eggs stay intact over time. No way a sticky would be in such good shape after twenty five years.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:27 AM   #51

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Quote:
I doubt they will crossbreed, but if they did the offspring would be cute.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:42 AM   #52

Registry
Quote:
Re: the carpet up top I'm going to leave it for now. I went to Michael's craft store and got some pretty self adhesive trim but see there is a little lip around the rug strip. So my idea might not work..
Be warned that in my experience a lot of adhesives such as double sided tapes or stick on hooks etc often dont stay up to long - especially when the trailer gets warm inside. You may need a real heavy duty adhesive tape for it to stay put for more than a few months.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:42 PM   #53

Georgia
I agree. I bought some kind of wood glue for the decorative tape. But we've been cleaning things and they look much newer. Still have to shampoo the carpet. Tell me how dog hairs got on the carpet strip on the ceiling! Sheesh.

How do I post an image? It asks for a URL.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #54

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
How do I post an image? It asks for a URL.
Picture posting help by Donna D.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:04 PM   #55

Georgia
Burrito

Here is an exterior of the burrito. Want to shampoo the rug before taking pix of the interior. We are using one of the propane tanks with our coleman stove on the picnic table.
Attached Thumbnails
burrito.JPG  
Old 05-28-2012, 09:42 PM   #56

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Cool Full timing

Hmmm. My everloving and I have spent two months in our Trillium 1300 for the last three January/February's. When you travel in a FGRV, you don't stay in the trailer. You go places and only go into the trailer to sleep. Although we do play cards, watch DVDs, eat, etc in Homelet. We wash clothes about once a week just like at home, only we do it at laundromats, (bring a roll of quarters). People with monster RVs live in them like a house and think that they are camping!

We don't even have a refrigerator. We buy fresh foods in quantities we can consume at one meal, (veggie tray, anyone?) We do eat out of cans, Spam, soup, non regrigerated puddings. It costs a little more but what the heck.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:15 PM   #57

Georgia
Burrito photos

Okay you guys, you asked for some photos. The only thing I haven't included is the carpet as I haven't shampooed it yet. And I have two questions:

1) Is there anything I can shine the stove surface up with? It hasn't been used much apparently but is there any kind of polish I can put on it?
2) There is a kind of plastic round insignia on the front that is chipped. Is there any way I can fix that? Are there vintage ones available somewhere? Or do I have to use wood glue and fashion something to make it totally round again?

It was hubby who did all the cleaning.

He also says it is too small. You have to know we are like the Honeymooners, at times (the old tv show). I will make a few posts.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2148.jpg   IMG_2150.jpg  

IMG_2152.jpg   IMG_2154.jpg  

Old 05-29-2012, 02:24 PM   #58

Whats the stove like?? Is it stainless steel or a colored enamel maybe a picture of it would help answer your question....But I must say from the pictures you loaded it looks like a real "JEWEL"...Now the fun begins...Post a picture of the broken plastic thingy you spoke of also...
Old 05-29-2012, 02:46 PM   #59

Registry
Lets see the kitchen :-))
Old 05-29-2012, 03:00 PM   #60

Georgia
More burrito

Here are some more.

Well, June is almost upon us. We need to decide whether to use this for a year, or conclude it's really too small and let go of it this month. Camping season has begun.

I do agree one would be outside a lot, except where we are in the southeast it's REALLY HOT in the day! Global warming, omg, it was nearly 99 the other day. We can go into the lower Blue Ridge (I have altitude issues above about 3000 feet), which helps. I can add an a/c from walmart that is $98, easily, but I just can't quite imagine staying inside the burrito writing on my computer (I'm a writer) all day.

It is actually about 10 feet inside.

The ceiling height seems decent though.

I think if I had my total druthers I'd have an outgassed Eggcamper. I went into a new one and that ceiling was 6'7!!! It also has the same fiberglass walls of the burro. I really like the double wall construction with reflectix--very mold resistant and pristine looking.

But new the thing STUNK of fiberglass. Ugh. I wonder if you could bake it out like they bake out new buildings. Or would that harm the fiberglass. What do people do with boats?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2187.jpg   IMG_2189.jpg  

IMG_2190.jpg   IMG_2193.jpg  

Tags
burro