I broke my fridge! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2009, 12:09 PM   #1

Trailer: 2000 24 ft Shasta Ultra Flite
Question

When I left my Boler two weeks ago instead of turning the fridge switch to off I shut the gas off at the main tank thinking it would go out and it did however the little light that blinks when you light the fridge doesn't come on anymore. Is this a fix it yourself problem? Its a Dometic 2500 model I have no idea what year as it is not the the fridge that came with the trailer.
Attached Thumbnails
Jackfish_with_the_kids_July_4_09_007.JPG  
Rick kl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 12:48 PM   #2

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
With no outside ac electric plugged into the camper Try unhooking one side of the battery wait 20 seconds then re-hook it back up. this may re-set the computer board in the fridge.
Joe
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 01:04 PM   #3

Quote:
With no outside ac electric plugged into the camper Try unhooking one side of the battery wait 20 seconds then re-hook it back up. this may re-set the computer board in the fridge.
Joe

I never thought of that! I'll try that next weekend, the fridge still works I was running my generater 8 hours a day with a bag of ice in the freezer to keep things cool when there was no power.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:31 AM   #4

found out that if you turn off the gas without turning off the switch the reigniter tries to relight the gas until the battery runs down, in my case my solar panel kept my battery charged and it burned out the reigniter ($35)

Attached is the wiring diagram for the Dometic 2500 fridge with automatic start
Attached Thumbnails
fridge_guts2801Sys.gif  
Old 07-07-2009, 04:07 PM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
found out that if you turn off the gas without turning off the switch the reigniter tries to relight the gas until the battery runs down, in my case my solar panel kept my battery charged and it burned out the reigniter ($35)

Attached is the wiring diagram for the Dometic 2500 fridge with automatic start

Reminds me of one of those "how many licks does it take" Tootsie Pop ads... So how many sparks does it take to kill a reigniter?
genebland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Reminds me of one of those "how many licks does it take" Tootsie Pop ads... So how many sparks does it take to kill a reigniter?

I was wondering how long it took myself!

All fixed now, I recomend that you never take one of these fridges apart without a manual, without the book I would have never figured how to put it back together!

Tags
fridge