I lost a tail light - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-30-2006, 12:18 PM   #1

Trailer: 77 Scamp 13 ft / Landrover Freelander
I'm on the road for the entire winter, camped out in palm springs but have lost the lenz for my 77 scamp tail light. where can I get one?
brian dobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 01:11 PM   #2

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
I'm on the road for the entire winter, camped out in palm springs but have lost the lenz for my 77 scamp tail light. where can I get one?
Hi: Scamp Trailers P.O. box 2 Backus MN. ph.# 1 800 346 4962 Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 01:23 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
The round wedding-cake style? hummm, harder to come by and Scamp doesn't have them anymore. Try all the trailer forums or eBay?
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 03:18 PM   #4

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
I recommend replacing both tail lights with LED bus lights. The old Scamp lights are VERY dull. We were always worried about driving in heavy traffic during the day because the brake lights could not be seen.

LED Bus Tail Lights

Nancy
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 11:15 AM   #5

Trailer: 2000 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
brian, sorry i cannot help with your light. i noticed your location, where are you, exactly.. you are in a place i wish to visit this winter. how much? what campground? i have the booklets sent by the chamber of commerce but would appreciate first hand info. thanks, alice
potteralice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 11:34 AM   #6

Trailer: TrailManor (Gone to the Darkside)
Wedding-Cake style?!? I always thought of them as little DEVO hats.

It'd be a shame to lose those lights though - they're just so darn cool looking. I agree however they are VERY dim. Our old Boler had some trailer lights stuck on the back to compensate. Having them both there REALLY put the old lights to shame.

I would think that it would be possible to rip the guts out of the old taillights and replace them with the guts from a modern, more effective one. Get the best of both worlds then...

Oh... I also seem to recall hearing that the DEVO-hat lights were also used on old school busses. Might be worth checking into.

Mike
Mike Watters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 08:38 PM   #7

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Another possibility is to check older Mobile Homes that are relatively permenently established in a MobileHome Park. Their owners might be interested in selling them...
Old 12-02-2006, 05:59 PM   #8

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
If these really are the same as the ones used on most Bolers ("Reflect-O-Lite No.150", as stamped in the reflector), then after checking the FiberglassRV For Sale forum (where Brian has already posted), I would try the Boler-only Bolerama forum. Sorry, mine are not available...
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 06:58 PM   #9

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
If these really are the same as the ones used on most Bolers ("Reflect-O-Lite No.150", as stamped in the reflector), then after checking the FiberglassRV For Sale forum (where Brian has already posted), I would try the Boler-only Bolerama forum. Sorry, mine are not available...
Hi: My L.E.D. supplier refered to my origional Dominion Lenses for our '77 Boler as Top Hats...Not Wedding Cakes...I was lucky enough to find by taking a lense into his shop a size of stop/ tail/ turn led's that fit snuggly under the old lenses...But then I hadn't lost a lense Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 11:06 PM   #10

Trailer: Boler 1984
Early 60's ford taillights match up real well and look kinda kool
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 12:54 AM   #11

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
My Scamp's tail and brake lights were also very dim with my 82 D150 truck, but when I hooked it up to my 98 Ranger (as part of the tow package it has separate trailer light relays that provide power to the trailer lights on separate circuits from the truck's lights), I found I had bright lights again.

However, LED lights will light up great even on relatively low voltages from the tow vehicle -- The only fly in the ointment is that you will likely have to provide a white light to illuminate your license plate because, so far, I have only seen LED fixtures in one light color.
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 02:09 PM   #12

Trailer: 77 Scamp 13 ft / Landrover Freelander
Quote:
brian, sorry i cannot help with your light. i noticed your location, where are you, exactly.. you are in a place i wish to visit this winter. how much? what campground? i have the booklets sent by the chamber of commerce but would appreciate first hand info. thanks, alice
hi alice there are a few camp resorts in town and a campground 20-35 minutes eather side. , most of the resorts are for 55 and up. I'm only 37 and cheap. I just boondogle it. great place 75 degree days. very nice. brian
brian dobbs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lighting, tail lights